Forums are back in action! ×

Hi a friend at work sent me the link to this website and he is now my best friend ever ; ).  I am 45  and have been working out most of my life but nothing was changing with my body. yes I was the lady running on the eliptical for an hour a day.  I did some weightlifting but oh geez I found out I was doing it really wrong.  Oh I had 2 kids two.  who are now teens.  I have a petite frame  5'5 125 but just had not been feeling the best and I still have a little pouch from the youngest. 

So i started this and following alot on here.  So my issue is I am hungry all the time now, I am not sure if I am really making muscle but I am hungry.

I dont diet never have I eat what I want but I stopped sugar and all processed foods but I am hungry and not getting  full.

Did I tell you I was hungry already.

This is what I ate today

breakfast:  scrambled eggs with cheese

snacks: cottage cheese with peaches. cheese, blueberries and blackberries

lunch; chicken with roasted peppers, big salad ( I love salads)

dinner:  I had a hamburger( I made it myself)  I was hungry with baked potato and green beans and broc

I am still hungry

I dont think I need so many calories I am small, but perhaps I do.

I upped my weights yesterday at the gym 5 lbs and did fabulous perhaps I am making muscle and need to eat more.

Thanks for any advice I would like to rip into the chips  and dip but I am not going to do that.

Maybe I just want sugar? 

Tammy

How new are you to strength training? There's an initial transition where you could eat every human in sight and still not be happy. That will pass soon enough.

• Like 1

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"