Forums are back in action! ×

My Story

I'm a soon-to-be 39-yr old self employed web designer who has always been interested in nutrition, even more so when I was dx'ed celiac 8 years ago. Going low-carb paleo helped me shed the 25 extra lbs I was carrying... but it took over 2 years. 2 years ago I suddenly gained 10lbs in a month, and found out I have thyroid issues (Hashi's, most likely). Got that sorted.

Started working out at home using whatever I happened to have around me (water jugs, etc) in July 2013, then graduated to a suspension trainer (WOSS). Managed my first chin up! Added carbs like brown rice, quinoa to my diet just to see what happened. 10lbs now gone, and I'm leaner than I previously was at this weight. But I want MORE.

(I've also been a gamer since before ColecoVision and Atari - we had a TRS80, bring on the text-based adventure games! Currently obsessing over Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.)

My Battle Plans

I want to keep getting stronger. I want to push myself more with my training - I enjoy bodyweight training and want to master pull-ups and push-ups. I want to learn handstands. I would also like to get a kettlebell, and I really want to deadlift. I suspect I'm an Assassin with Monk tendencies, bc I also love me some yoga and will one day learn Wing Chun Kung Fu.  :)

What I'm Bringing to the Table

Enthusiasm; a beginner's mind; enthusiasm!

• Like 2

Tallfellow Halfling Warrior, Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Quest 1  Battle Log

Strength train 3x/week (14/18 workouts, 1 w/o = 5.5%)

77%
77%

Eat slowly to 80% (34/42 days, day = 2.4%)

81.6%
81.6%

10 strict pushups (achieved!)

100%
100%

Welcome to the rebellion, from one 39-year old to a soon-to-be.  We've got a great community going here.  If you want to deadlift, you've definitely come to the right place.  They tell me the assassins are pretty cool, but as a member of the Warriors guild I might have a biased view on that.  ;)

Looking forward to seeing your challenge page in the next cycle.  Cheers!

--Card

Edit:  by the way, I remember playing River Raiders on Atari with my friends during slumber parties.  Those were the days.  :)

• Like 1

- Level 3 Night Elf Warrior -

6'0" / 166 lbs.  Powerlifting Total:  940

Member:  The 800 Club

Battle Log

Welcome, Sister!!  You definitely sound like a candidate for the assassin's guild .... many of us also participate in martial arts as well. 

Start out by joining the Level 1 Rebels:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/ to get started and meet some people first.  We'll be watching your progress.  :ph34r:

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)