Forums are back in action! ×

Ah, the dreaded introductory post.

Here goes. I'm 54 and have been around the weight loss block a few times, most recently losing ~130 pounds on WW back in 2006-2007. Since then I've gained about 2/3rds of it back, and while I've made the commitment to going back to WW, this community seems to appeal to my geek side much more.

I've been playing with computers since my senior year of HS back in *mumble*1978*mumble* and have built all but a couple of the desktop PCs in this house since the mid-1990s, including my current Linux rig.

I'm also a big reader, mostly of science fiction but I try to mix up my reading list a bit.My goals right now are to re-lose the weight I've re-gained, and to get this body into a condition that will serve me well into my 90s (and later!).

Towards those goals I've returned to WW, but I've been looking for something to supplement the support I get there. I've also just recently signed up for the gym where I work and have just completed my first 3 day (M-W-F) week there.

I'm looking forward to exploring Nerd Fitness and the forums here thoroughly, and hope to stick around for a while.

*If you get a chance, read Ready, Player One by Ernest Cline. It's a great book that will appeal to many people here. :encouragement:

• Like 1

Welcome the NF and the Rebellion!

If you like WW, good, keep it up, and then get your geek on over here :)

Regarding the Book: Read the first line on Wiki "By 2045, the exhaustion of Earth's fossil fuels has led to longstanding global scarcity and violent unrest." and was hooked, it´s now on my "to-read-list" :)

Browse the forum and posts threads if you need any help or want to discuss something. 

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Hi, Ninja, and thanks for the welcome.

WW is a good system that works, but I need to "level up" my fitness goals, so I'll be looking closing at those parts or the forums. And, of course, geeking out.  :smile-new:

Ernest Cline is a cool dude. He gave away a DeLorean after Ready, Player One was published; he hid Easter Eggs in the print versions pointing to an online puzzle similar to the ones in the book and the winner got the car. I believe he was also involved with the recent dig that unearthed all those Atari E. T. game cartridges that was just in the news.