Forums are back in action! ×

Hello folks.

I've taken the leap today after reading Nick's story in the newsletter. I've been a subscriber for a while now and whilst I don't get a lot of the nerd references (though as a lover of LEGO I always appreciate the pictures!) I've found it inspiring and educational, and it's lead me to do a lot of reading about diets and the way different foods affect us.

I've had yo-yo weight for years (I'm 5'11), fluctuating from around 10st10 at my slimmest (150lbs - though I never shifted the belly fat - I know why now though - I was ignorant to the diet aspects!) and I was 15st at my heaviest (210lbs). I'm now just over 13st (182lbs), over 30lbs of which I've put on over the last 20 months. My weight all goes on my belly and also my face. I'm not "stocky", just carry fat in the unhealthiest place!

I attached some pics. I think they're self explanatory  :offended:  Fat was around 2011, thin was a year later in 2012 and medium was November last year which is effectively where I am now. I think you can see the difference particularly in my face!

I joined a gym 2 weeks ago, it costs a wad as it's in central London and I've been twice! I keep telling myself, tomorrow, tomorrow then it's Thursday and I'm going out drinking tomorrow so I'll start Monday. I think I've been doing that (in terms of starting a lifestyle change) for the last year or so.

It's time to change.

Whenever I've really, really focussed before I've gotten great results. When I was 15st I shifted that weight in under a year (56lb) and mainly by changing my diet - and again, ignorant to the affect of carbs and so forth so it was mainly portion control and "healthier" choices. Whenever I've been a member of a gym I've really gone for it - I move around a lot though so I have never stuck with it longer than a couple of months.

I KNOW I can change - I've done it so many times (yo-yo!!) yet this time just seems to be the toughest.

I have a holiday in 47 days. I'll have to be by a pool, and I want to start to look decent. I'm hoping to lose at least 12lbs in that time - less than 2lbs a week - anything more will be a bonus. But most importantly, I want this to be a lifestyle change.

I have everything set up - a great subsidised restaurant at work for breakfast and lunch that has loads of protein options and vegetables and salad. I have membership to an incredible gym with the latest equipment and a great free weight section. And I have a target.

Wish me luck. Thanks for reading my somewhat dull story. It's therapeutic to write and I'll be reading this back every day.

All the best

Russ

post-29116-0-93160900-1399141319_thumb.j

post-29116-0-67412600-1399141323_thumb.j

post-29116-0-66482600-1399141330_thumb.j

• Like 1

You go man. If you know you can change half way (Since you seem to go straight back) Why not go for it? Challenges are so much easier to keep if you have seen at least a hint of the ending. One thing you need to know about games and most adventures is the end result is just about ALWAYS within sight, when an evil king kidnaps a princess you see the princess plenty of times before you actually save her, if you are trying to find something you hear about it everywhere suddenly, it's urging you forward, you just need to go threw harder and harder tasks until you get it. Even if where you are at seems impossible look back and see where you came from and notice how many "Challenges" are easy to deal with now.

Sorry, I am nerdy. Welcome to the Forums.

Life Level 0 Half Orc

Exp to Next Level

0%
0%

Fit Level 0 Adventurer

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Upcoming Challange: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48060-allen-titan-less-allen-more-titan/

"They need something to look up to. Having something nice to look at is just a bonus"