Forums are back in action! ×

I'm here because I need to make some changes. 

I am coming off of a bad year, not to get into detail but I am in the process of getting myself back together after dealing with a bout of severe mental illness. I am doing better with looking after my mental health now; but I am still trying to work on my physical health, as that really suffered and I'm still trying to get healthy again.

I was fairly fit before I hit my rough patch, and I want to either get back to that level or even surpass that. I'm also hoping that by getting my body healthy again, it might help my mental state. 

Other than all that, I'm pretty normal. I graduated university this year, with a bachelor in psychology (yes I know irony). I like science fiction, horror, table top role playing games, cooking and knitting. I am always happy to get tips from people about what to read or watch, how to maintain mental health or what kinds of work outs I should try. 

Here's to what I hope will be a interesting journey.  

• Like 4

Level: 0 Race: Scrag Class: Druid
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Welcome to the Rebellion, Sleepless!!!  We're glad you came by - and really glad to see you committing to improving your health ... physical and mental.  And frankly, a lot of the physical work depends upon mental strength!

How can we help you??

Some people really like to join in on the 6-week challenges.  It's a time to set 2 or 3 goals and set some new habits - diet, fitness, and life changes.  If you're interested, head over to the Level 1 Rebels.  It's a good place to get oriented and learn about NF:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/

If you have questions, feel free to ask!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

We usually take about a week off between challenges.  Not a time to just let go, but it is usually a good week to re-examine and plan.  I keep working out between but experiment and do more "fun" activities before we jump back in.

You DON'T have to wait until the next one starts.  Lots of people started yesterday.  The important thing is to START!!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)