Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there everyone!  I'm oolong.  I'm 22, female, and about 80-100 lbs overweight.  I'm one of those people who has always struggled with weight and body image.  As a child and teenager, I tried all sorts of radical "miracle" weight loss methods, only to be disappointed by lack of progress and fall off the wagon.  The same tale we've all heard way too often.  

I'm trying a different approach this time.  Taking small baby steps to cultivate good habits and change, rather than trying to do the whole shebang at once, as that has not worked for me in the past.  

Ultimately, I'd like to find myself following a primal style diet, as it's the diet that makes most sense to me for long term health.  I'm a major sugar addict, so it's going to be tough to detox myself from sweets, but taking it small steps at a time, I'm sure I can succeed.  

I've also never had accountability.  Hopefully with this forum and with the support of my mother and my aunt via an email "club," I'll have and give necessary support.  

My biggest goal with this undertaking is to inspire my husband to get healthy, too.  He's verging on 400 lbs (not 100% sure of his weight, as our scale doesn't go up that high... neither does the scale at our doctor's office. :numbness:)  He's tried in the past to lose, and was discouraged as well, and he's pretty much given up on ever being healthy or happy.  
He's pretty much afraid of most physical activity because he's nervous he'll have a heart attack or be in extreme pain.  It saddens me to see him this way.  Hopefully if I lead by example and give gentle encouragement, he'll be willing to make some changes for the better.  

• Like 2

Hi Oolong!

I've got a lot of weight to loose too, and I'm trying to inspire my family to get healthy as well. I'm about 110 lbs overweight, have Type II diabetes. My husband is also a diabetic, and we are both starting a primal way of eating. I hope to see you achieve your goals here! Let's work to motivate each other as newbies!

ASDBigMomma

Ogre, but with a winning smile!

Adventurer with a touch of druid.

Attributes: all zeroes my firend, I am a n00b

Will join the next challenge!

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin