Forums are back in action! ×

Happy Star Wars Day!

May the Fourth be with you!

• Like 2

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

From a better Sci-Fi series!!!

Are you trying to start a war?

...tread carefully.

tomocalypse

Level: 2    Race: Wood Elf   Class: Assassin

[sTR 2| DEX 3| STA 3| CON 2| WIS 1| CHA 2]

Main Quest Line - Master of my own Bodyweight     Goals - Planche Push Ups - 30 second handstand - Basic Parkour skillz   

Challenges:

#1 - Ready Player One

“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.â€

― Oscar WildeThe Importance of Being Earnest

Are you trying to start a war?

...tread carefully.

Haha indeed, those are dangerous waters.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

There could be no war...for a war that would mean competition and the possibility of defeat. star warts doesn't even make a pimple on the arse of Star Trek.

Commercial success doesn't equal quality. It equals lameness.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

There could be no war...for a war that would mean competition and the possibility of defeat. star warts doesn't even make a pimple on the arse of Star Trek.

Commercial success doesn't equal quality. It equals lameness.

If war you seek, defeated you will be.  

Seriously, people have done the math on weapons/engine/powerplant output and Star Wars very simply decimates Star Trek.  It's not even close.

I'll gladly say that I do really enjoy Star Trek.  And surely commercial success isn't synonymous with quality.  Trek is a great series with some amazing stories and such, but it doesn't hold a candle to Star Wars.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

If war you seek, defeated you will be.  

Seriously, people have done the math on weapons/engine/powerplant output and Star Wars very simply decimates Star Trek.  It's not even close.

I'll gladly say that I do really enjoy Star Trek.  And surely commercial success isn't synonymous with quality.  Trek is a great series with some amazing stories and such, but it doesn't hold a candle to Star Wars.  

It´s exactly what it does! A candle is what the trekkies use as a light source when it´s dark, that's how far behind they are. :P

*Going to get smashed*

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Completely missed that thread.

Who else is looking forward to Rebels coming out later this year?

Or what about the three new books due this year to kickstart the new Canon. Tarkin (by james Luceno, author of darth Plagueis, my favourite SW novel) and Lords of the Sith are the two books i'm looking forward to reading the most. But not nearly as much as Darth Maul:son of Dathomir due on the 21's of this month.

• Like 1

Lvl.0 Half-elf Jedi-initiate

My first challenge

My log

My friends and I "celebrated" May the Fourth by going to the cinema for an epic Star Wars marathon. Back to back of the original trilogy! 

EPIC! Even better would be a Machete Order Marathon, but that'd take quite a bit longer too.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I did some research on the ships of sw.  I now see why sw is considered "fantasy" and not sci-fi.  I know long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...empirical ships that are miles long w/ 50 bazillion cannons, 10 jillion blasters, capable of traveling across a galaxy if 4.7 seconds.  Wow...yeah, fantasy. 

However, the empire was run by a whiny brat w/ a flashlight and a cool set of threads. Yet w/ all its minions under it's thumb, it's vastly superior technology, it was still defeated by a whiny brat w/ a flashlight.  1 torpedo took out the "death" star...1.  So despite all it's "greatness", the empire has holes in it's system.

Of  course these comparisons only had it fight the Federation. On paper, yeah, it looks like the empire would stand a chance if it was ship to ship. 

HOWEVER. 

Like I said, the empire was beaten by a vastly inferior rebel group led by a whiny brat w/ a flashlight.  Not to mention, if it came to a ground fight or sort of a "conventional" war, the empire really sucks.  Hello, they were beaten on a ground fight by a bunch of teddy bears (who also defeated a rebel force as well).   The empire also lost a major battle by rebel ships tripping them...tripping them. 

Now, knowing that, if it came to a "ground and pound" battle w/ Trek. Sw doesn't stand a chance.  Feds have a strong alliance w/ the Klingon Empire and successfully fought a war together to defeat the Dominion, Breen, Cardassians.  

Just put some trees around the m/c squad and "boom" they take care of themselves.  Throw some tribbles on the ground in front of their walking tanks...trip, fall, boom.  We wouldn't have to have armor, because bucketheads can't hit anything.  Face it...on the ground, the empire is laughable at best. 

So, how many Klingons does it take to kill a squadron of Bucketheads???  2.  One to kill, one to move the buckets out of the way so #1  doesn't trip!!!

Now if we talk about quality of the shows....sw has 6 movies w/ only 1 1/2 being considered "good" versus 10 movies* w/ only 3 stinkers, 5 tv series, once again, sw doesn't stand a chance.  Unless you like "flash, bang & fighting movies w/ little or no plot"  then you'll support sw. 

*not counting JJTrek

I think the most important point here is: who cares?

Some people prefer one, some the other. We now know your preference. That doesn't make it better or worse, that simply makes it the one YOU enjoy more. This is an incredibly silly argument to be taking seriously.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

I think the most important point here is: who cares?

Some people prefer one, some the other. We now know your preference. That doesn't make it better or worse, that simply makes it the one YOU enjoy more. This is an incredibly silly argument to be taking seriously.

True.  It's silly, but it's also an emotional one.  

I'll just leave this here: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/

If you want to take a look, go for it.  The guy analyzed everything from tech to tactics across the board, both ground and space for both series', going so far as to compare time-averaged power output and historically accurate tactical maneuvers used.  

I'll save you the trouble: Trek loses.  Every. Single. Time.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Has that dude ever seen the movies??? 

Bucketheads can't hit any side of a barn much less a target. 

They had an invasion force defeated by Teddy Ruxpin(except for the ones who were taken out by trees)

A simple cable took out their AT-ATs, (like that tactical maneuver from The Three Stooges "Tied shoestrings")

Not to mention the Empire was defeated by a vastly inferior rebel force led in part by a whiny brat w/ a flashlight. 

Really...and he thinks Bucketheads could take out Klingons???  They couldn't even take out Tellerites.