Forums are back in action! ×

New Old PRx2

It's been a big couple of weeks. I'm on fire at the gym, and it feels fantastic. In the past 4 days, I've hit what I call new old PRs.  About 4-5 months ago I decided my squat and deadlift form sucked, so I went back to the bar and started all over, focusing on form above all else. It's been a grind, but it had to be done. A few days ago, I squatted the weight I could squat before I stripped the bar. I squatted it for 3x8, and with perfect, controlled form. 

Today, I deadlifted 225 lb with perfect, controlled form.  Two plates feels goooood.  And it makes me want 3 plates.  

As a side note, there's been something different in the past two weeks nutrition wise.  I've added two scoops of protein powder in water everyday, bringing my total daily intake somewhere around 225 grams.  I've also added in breakfast cereal after reading El Exorcisto swears by Lucky Charms. I've gone from essentially all "clean" eating, to eating some crap on lift days.  So, it could be I'm finally hitting a proper caloric surplus, getting enough protein, or something about the sugar content of the cereal is beneficial to muscle growth.  Or a combo of all 3. Who knows. Who cares?! 

Two plates baby!

• Like 1

Nice results mate, well done. Done with good form as well, so important. Looking forward to seeing the 3 plate woot!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Level 0 Stunted Ogre-Adventurer/Ranger

STR 0 : DEX 0 : STA 0 : CON 0 : WIS 0 : CHA 0

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance! George Carlin

That´s great! Form is so important, and I think you really made the right decision to focus on it. You will surly be able to get to three plates soon!

Also agree with the last part, whatever works and makes you feel good, go for it!

• Like 1

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson