Forums are back in action! ×

Level 0 Scout/Ranger/Monk/Assassin

Hello everyone,

I'm a former D1 Swimmer, and am still in pretty good shape, but it's mostly just been maintenance of the body that I built over the last 19 years of swimming. My collegiate career just ended last February (over a year now), and as I said, I've just kind of been going through the motions.

I've been training Karate 3 x a week, Swimming 3 x a week and lifting bodyweight stuff just about every day (nothing too intense though).

I think I'd enjoy training the most by concentrating in scouting (working on my swimming endurance), ranger training (bodyweight, HIIT), Monk training (Bruce Lee shit, martial arts, etc) as well as assassin training (parkour looks legit, never figured a way to get into it, plus i love climbing all over things).

My name is Austin Witherow, and I am looking forward to joining the rebellion.

I've got a lot of great ideas, and I'm open to learning new ones.

I have 3 photographs (pretty near nude status) of where I'm at now, looking for ideas of the bodytype I have and people I could use as inspiration for modeling my own body after. I don't know if I want to be sharing these publicly though. Is that a thing here?

Right now, my arm is broken (should be healed in the next 3 weeks) due to a noob mistake in my latest Karate tournament. Won't be putting my arm down to stop a fall again lol. I'm having to do a lot of bodyweight squats, and abdominals. I'm not trying to go near the weight room until I'm completely given permission to by my Doctor. Don't want to be messing with a bone healing progression.

Cheers!

Using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I'm a former D1 Swimmer, and am still in pretty good shape, but it's mostly just been maintenance of the body that I built over the last 19 years of swimming. My collegiate career just ended last February (over a year now), and as I said, I've just kind of been going through the motions.

I've been training Karate 3 x a week, Swimming 3 x a week and lifting bodyweight stuff just about every day (nothing too intense though).

I think I'd enjoy training the most by concentrating in scouting (working on my swimming endurance), ranger training (bodyweight, HIIT), Monk training (Bruce Lee shit, martial arts, etc) as well as assassin training (parkour looks legit, never figured a way to get into it, plus i love climbing all over things).

My name is Austin Witherow, and I am looking forward to joining the rebellion.

I've got a lot of great ideas, and I'm open to learning new ones.

I have 3 photographs (pretty near nude status) of where I'm at now, looking for ideas of the bodytype I have and people I could use as inspiration for modeling my own body after. I don't know if I want to be sharing these publicly though. Is that a thing here?

Right now, my arm is broken (should be healed in the next 3 weeks) due to a noob mistake in my latest Karate tournament. Won't be putting my arm down to stop a fall again lol. I'm having to do a lot of bodyweight squats, and abdominals. I'm not trying to go near the weight room until I'm completely given permission to by my Doctor. Don't want to be messing with a bone healing progression.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Rebellion.  Yes, rolling is a much better option than putting the arm down, but reflexes are hard to control.  Keep training in karate, however, and you'll find you roll even when not in class (I was tripped once playing hockey and rolled automatically ... got a good laugh).

Meanwhile ... yea.  We post photos of ourselves mostly nude.  If you'd wear it to the beach, you can post it here. 

If you like to hang out with people for motivation - you might join the 6-week challenge.  We're into week 4, but it is NEVER too late to start.  You begin in the trainee (level 1) area:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/352-level-1-rebels/ - so if that's interesting, head over. 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)