Forums are back in action! ×

Beautiful places near you

I'm very proud of my country, and my nationality, and I'll take any opportunity going to brag about it. I might well be biased, but I think I'm lucky enough to live in a truly beautiful place, and I love sharing photos of it.

I'm sure I can't be the only one who thinks this about the place they call home. So come on, share some photos of all the beautiful places near to you, and tell us where they are of course! :D

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you my little corner of Scotland.

Posted Image

Lochaber Geopark. This photo is taken about 10 miles from where I live.

Posted Image

The beaches on the West Coast are stunning, but the water is FREEZING cold!

Posted Image

And one of Scotland's most photographed castles is just up the road.

So who else wants to brag about their beautiful scenery? :)

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Awesome, Guzzi.  I may have to wait until I'm back home in Duluth, MN.  Home of the Lift Bridge, Enger Tower, Splitrock Lighthouse, etc.  Right now ... I enjoy little things, like spring flowers.

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

You may be biased, Guzzi, but you're also right; absolutely stunning landscapes. 

Here are a few beautiful places from my province.

Jasper National Park:

7767442072_7870b6f4da_c.jpg

Badlands:

10149474254_80ddf8f479_c.jpg

Southern foothills/front ranges:

4939931351_695bedfee4_z.jpg

• Like 3

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Great place you have there Guzzi!  Definitely makes me want to go for a hike.  I hope cityscape counts as beautiful places, since I live in a city.   

Here's just a couple from beautiful St Louis!  (do I sound like an advertisement?)

The Arch:

St_Louis_night_expblend_cropped.jpg

The Budweiser Brewery Clocktower:

anheuser-busch-st-louis-brewery.jpg

Forest Park Pavilion/fountain:

FPFountion_2049a.jpg

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Chris-Tien Jinn - Go on, post up some piccys! I'd love to see them, Splitrock lighthouse sounds intriguing. :)

Prairie - Wow, those are absolutely beautiful photos, what a stunning landscape!

Oramac - Very cool! I love the picture of the Budweiser brewery!

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Wowcher! Those are some stunning images.

This is the canal that runs past the back of our place, I look out at those hills every day.

Posted Image

Not as dramatic as some of yours, but I still love it :D

• Like 2

We are working on moving back to this area ....

sunsetbridge.jpg

I used to work in a building just to the right of the bridge in this photo and would see the big ships leaving the harbor.  The bridge sings hello and good bye to ships entering and leaving in an antiquated but lovely ritual that originally called for the lifting and lowering of the center span.  Now, it's all done with radio, but they still use the horn signals as well. 

This is the lighthouse at Gooseberry Falls:

1-split-rock.jpg

More images will come. 

• Like 1

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

Marking for later...

Depending what what you consider nearby.... I have pictures from all over the U.S. but this is local stuff.

The beach...

7511343144_45f353c4f5.jpg

5261452821_cf94f8d86e.jpg

St Augustine - http://www.awayatthebeach.com/downtown_st_augustine.htm

Ginnie Springs - Sorry for it being so big...

ginnie-springs-polar-smoke.sRGB_.jpg

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Utah, the best place in the world.

Bryce_Canyon_Utah51.jpg

bridal-veil-falls-utah-utah-images.jpg

wasatch-mountains-utah-utah-images.jpg

backside+of+timpanogos-sm.jpg

homepage_image.jpg

And of course, Temple Square in Salt Lake City during the holidays. If you're ever in the area during Christmas time, visit this location. It'll be packed with tourists, but it's a wonderful place.

temple-square-lights1.jpg

• Like 1

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

These pics are great, keep 'em coming!

Turkey Run State Park looks like a cool place - if you had asked me to picture the Midwest, this is not the landscape that would come to mind.

And I want to visit Utah so badly. 

Race: Ferret | Class: Assassin | Level: 4 | STR: 6  DEX: 3  STA: 1  CON: 5  WIS: 7  CHA: 3

It's relaxing just to come here and experience the landscapes virtually.  Thanks!

Depending what what you consider nearby.... I have pictures from all over the U.S. but this is local stuff.

Ginnie Springs - Sorry for it being so big...

Ginnie Springs outside High Springs, Florida?  (can't see the picture, I think my work is not loading it)

That is local for me, well sort of.  I grew up there and go back often to visit family.

"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A"

Challenge: #1

Ginnie Springs outside High Springs, Florida?  (can't see the picture, I think my work is not loading it)

That is local for me, well sort of.  I grew up there and go back often to visit family.

That would be the one.. it's a little outside local, but not far for me...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Hmm.. define "local"..

Tybee Island, about 4 hours from where I live (north of Atlanta, Georgia)

Cockspur lighthouse

IMG_8395-M.jpg

Tybee Island Lighthouse

IMG_8381-M.jpg

Great Smoky Mountain National Park, about 3-4 hours from my house

Grotto Falls

Grotto%20Falls%2005-M.jpg

Big Creek (river you hike next to on the way to Mouse Creek Falls)

Big%20Creek%20HDR%201-M.jpg

• Like 1

"Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A"

Challenge: #1

Turkey Run State Park looks like a cool place - if you had asked me to picture the Midwest, this is not the landscape that would come to mind.

Maybe more like this?

strawbale-corn.jpg

Or like this...

AG3832%20%28L%29%20vs%20AG3432%20%28R%29

That's an accurate representation of what it looks like around here haha.  Central Illinois... flat as hell and full of corn and soybeans.  People who have never been in this part of the Midwest really don't understand exactly what we mean when we say "no, it's flat.  Really, really flat."  It's a flatness like you cannot describe... only experience.  Like perhaps on a roadtrip.  Where there is nothing but corn and soybeans for as far as the eye can see, and the eye, it can see FOREVER.

Further south is much more fun!

Maybe more like this?

strawbale-corn.jpg

Or like this...

AG3832%20%28L%29%20vs%20AG3432%20%28R%29

That's an accurate representation of what it looks like around here haha.  Central Illinois... flat as hell and full of corn and soybeans.  People who have never been in this part of the Midwest really don't understand exactly what we mean when we say "no, it's flat.  Really, really flat."  It's a flatness like you cannot describe... only experience.  Like perhaps on a roadtrip.  Where there is nothing but corn and soybeans for as far as the eye can see, and the eye, it can see FOREVER.

Further south is much more fun!

Ha ha, yup, that was pretty much my mental image. I can sympathize, as I essentially live on an old lake bed. Them's are flat. 

RandMart, isn't eastern NJ full of trees and hills? And I'm pretty sure I've done some nice hiking even in northern NJ. Might have been more central though. 

Oramac:  you missed a few places.

Elephant%20Rocks%20State%20Park.jpg

Elephant Rocks State Park

3558703956_905daf8be8.jpg

Tower Grove Park bandstand

SNR%20glade%20at%20split%20rail.jpg

Shaw Nature Preserve

Cahokia-Mounds-11-04-2013_6247.jpg

Cahokia Mounds (major archaeological site)

tap-room-dusk-with-trees-1.jpg

And of course... Schlafly's Taproom (opened 1991, first brewpub to open in St. Louis since Prohibition.)

So, where'd you go to high school? :-)

• Like 1

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson