Forums are back in action! ×

A month ago since today, my life suddenly came to a halt. My dad, the fittest 64 year old I know, had got his second stroke this spring.

It has been a spring with a lot of work including a lot of traveling, a seven year old in full cast and a downward going spiral on my own health.

So when my dad got ill again I suddenly had time to feel how I felt and that was terrible.

I was so tired that I could hardly talk and couldn't focus at all.

I went to the doctor, but she couldn't find any specific wrong with me except a bit low in B12.

The thing is that I have got something called EDS, which in my case means quite a lot of pain most of the time, and the doctors’ kind of think it’s just for me to accept.

But I decided to take action and level up myself.

So I have increased my pain meds temporarily, started on B12, changed my diet some, lost almost one kilo (1.8 lbs), have walked 44km(27 miles)in one week, taking up yoga again and looks and feel so much healthier.

It’s like I am a completely different person and I can’t wait for my walks. And my mind is still - that is a big change.

My challenge will be to remain this when I start to work full time again (have just work part time a couple of weeks – doctors orderJ).  But I don’t want to go back and that is why I write here go remind myself and maybe inspire someone else. 

• Like 3

W00t indeed.  Sorry to hear about health issues in your life and in your family.  That really makes it tough to take good care of yourself. 

What can we do to help you keep up the momentum?

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)