Forums are back in action! ×

I've been lurking here for a little while and finally decided to make it official--I'm so glad I found this place!

I have struggled with my weight my whole life--yo-yo'ed, did Weight Watchers, yo-yo'ed while doing Weight Watchers...

I'm now a 33 year old woman who is about 275 lbs, and while I want to be down to about 140-150 lbs, what I REALLY want is to be able to do the things I no longer can (or at least have trouble doing) because of my weight, and just feel comfortable in my own skin. Plus, I've had high blood pressure for the last couple of years, have a dad with type 2 diabetes, and an uncle that recently died suddenly of heart failure due to type 2 diabetes. I just don't want to end up like that.

My diet is terrible and I hate veggies, so that's going to have to change. I'm actually kind of looking forward to strength training, I'm just very intimidated by free weights. Anyway, I think this looks like an awesome and informative site, and I hope to learn a lot here!

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to Nerd Fitness!  Glad that you decided to join the Rebellion.  Now is a great time to make some healthy changes in your life and this is a good site to help.  I know you said you hate veggies but do you think you could have them in smoothies?  I'm thinking of green smoothies where you could start with small amounts of greens masked by fruit and then increase the amount of greens later.  Best of luck to you.

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Hey! Good to have you on board. You will definitely learn a lot on here, and get a lot of support and encouragement too.  You can do this, it takes time and effort, but damn it's worth it!

Have you had a look at some of the PvP (player vs player) challenges in the challenge sub forum? There's some good vegetable based challenges that you might want to join, that could help you expand your diet and have fun at the same time! Always a bonus! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously