Forums are back in action! ×

Leveling up, a few XP at a time

Hello hello!

I figured I should post in the Recruit Introductions area, since I signed up and posted in the challenge threads right away >_>'

I'm a Wisconsin girl who loves comics, gaming (both pen and paper AND video games), anime and manga (though I've fallen way behind on those), and other miscellaneous geeky things.

I have been overweight pretty much since puberty. I did drop 60+ lbs a few years ago in a misguided attempt to win my ex-girlfriend back. When that didn't work, I slowly put all of the weight back on :(

I don't know what happened, but a few months ago I woke up and said, "Eff this. I'm sick of being overweight and weak. Let's get in shape!" I went from 250ish to 230 in about three months, and am slowly making the transition to Paleo (slowly). I'm working on my strength (bodyweight workouts and sledgehammer exercises) while keeping the cardio (I usually play video games while riding my recumbent bike).

My long term goals are to drop to about 170 or 180 (depending on what looks good on my frame) and eventually start heavier lifting (maybe even with barbells! Gasp!). After that, we'll see!

OH! And I want to do a pull up! I've never been able to do one, ever. Right now I can pull myself up like, a half inch, which is WAY BETTER than I've ever done in my life. /sad

Nice to meet everyone :D Let's do this!