Forums are back in action! ×

Had a couple of incidents that helped validate my progress.

First one happened while trying out the local gym for a week. After doing my deadlifts, I had a guy at the gym mention that he didn't normally see women lifting heavy, and he was impressed.

Second one happened while setting up for my class, I teach fatherhood classes to groups of guys and my current class includes some guys who recently got out of prison, including one or two that are pretty buff. In the room we are using there is a very large, very heavy table. When it came time to move the table I grabbed one end of the table and asked one of the guys to grab the other. He picked it up and walked four steps before he had to put it down. I was fine, and waited for him to get a better grip so we could finish moving it. I got comments on how strong I was, I credit the squats and deadlifts for my functional strength.

Up until today I was dialing down the weight on my squat on SL 5X5 because the weight I was at was easy and the next weight felt scary. Today I decided F**k easy, loaded up the weight that had scared me before and got under the bar and cranked out all 5 sets. And it felt good!

• Like 4

Viking Warrior

LEVEL 2 | STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

That is great to hear DaBlonde, love it that your improved functional strength has given you the confidence to push it at the gym. Its amazing what our bodies are capable of without us realising it. WOOT!!

Level 0 Stunted Ogre-Adventurer/Ranger

STR 0 : DEX 0 : STA 0 : CON 0 : WIS 0 : CHA 0

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance! George Carlin