Forums are back in action! ×

Tired of being in my corner and willing to share !

Hello guys, my name is Jérémy and I'm 23. I decided to join and create this post because, hell, I'd like to be part of this great community ! I discovered nerdfitness really recently (2/3 weeks or so) and was really convinced and intrigued by the paleo diet and the workouts.

Also it was clearly something that was close to the style of life I tend to have. I tend to that conclusion because of all the trials and errors I've experimented myself I should say, and I will tell you what are these in my litle story/resumé thingy.

So here is my story for those of you who are interested and have time to kill (plus it's shame free so I'm telling everything... well not everything, but diet and sports related of course, you stalker maniacs :mushroom: ) :

Well let me first tell you that anyway I'm not complaining, I've never been overweighted nor really ashamed of my body in any way. That hasn't stoped me finding problems where there isn't...

Growing with video games and mangas back in the 90's really struck in my head the idea of becoming a tough powerfull guy (and thrusting my sword into ganondorf's head). Skipping some years after that (teenage time) I began doing reallllly lots of sport (i thought). I was doing 3 martial art (kyokushinkai, taekwendo, aikido), more than 2h cycle every day (traveling purposes) and tenis table (yup that's right). I was thin like a twig, eating everything that I wanted to (but healthy enough thanks to my parents) but I wasn't the best in all these sports... and it's totaly okay with me, it was really letting of the steam :peaceful: .

But then with studies becoming more and more important and hard and also far from the home (and Paris/Paris-suburbs means of transport really sucks !), I quit everything and focused on other priorities (that's also what I thought).

So with that and the fact I started to feel uncomfortable with my life, it was kind of an extreme change. I was eating unealthy, not sleeping well and felt uncomfortable in my body. Plus, I still wanted to become this big warrior of my childhood, but wasn't giving myself any opportunities to do so. And like lots of people, I began to do crappy things : diet, hard cardio without keeping the track, not pushing myself during strength workout (and doing it at home without any equipment or organisations) etc etc. So yeah, it wasn't helping at all. For the past 3 years it was really chaotic ! Sometimes I was working hard 3 months, other times doing nothing or only some weeks.

And now I made decisions in my life, changed a lot of things and began to be serious about everything I was doing. I stopped searching for excuses. I workout 4 days a week, stopped eating unhealthy and I'm enjoying every bit of that !

I was searching the web alot for advice about pull ups when I discovered the fitnessnerd website. And then I read the article about paleo diet and it was kind of a revelation I must say ! Not only does it cuts all the medicaly pseudo justified crap, but also it felt so true (and strangely my diet came close to that, and it comfort me in the idea that it felt true). Of course I wasn't easily convinced... so I continued reading (for my greatest pleasure) all the articles of the site :rolleyes-new: . I tried myself what was taught on the site (and still trying) and it feels great. It's not frustrating, not hard, healthy and, well, just simple life-ish. Thinking good looking is second and is a result of fitness really catch me. I want to be the machine of power and hunting we were designed for and have effective muscle, climb easily a mountain (simulation with pull up bars !) and and ... okay i'm stopping there :onthego: .

3 weeks is short of course, but actually I was in the direction for more than 6 months. So I feel now that I want to be part of the community now because I feel part of it already (I know you dear reader, don't you remember me ?! ...).

Oh by the way, I'm still struggling with the pullups and got only slooooow progress for that particular workout (still progress meh !). I can only do 1 pull ups 3 series (while I can do 10 chin ups on 3 series and rows at less than 45 degrees is not a problem also). So my need for power is will be set here, I'm doing my squats, my deadlifts and my bench press of course, but I my goal is really to get these pull ups down ! :pride:

And for those of you (not sleeping) who wants to know where does my pseudo come from (because yeah, you are all asking the question, I know !) : post-29281-0-72749400-1399761998_thumb.j

Here I mark this moment (05/11/2014) 1m76, 71kg, I want to do 50 goddamn pull ups and continue living this good lifestyle with the good people of nerdfitness (amen).

post-29281-0-24249100-1399760459_thumb.j

Sounds like you've found home a new home here Jérémy, welcome to the rebellion!

Do you have any idea on how to reach your desired 50 pull-ups? How often do you want to train, what do you want to truing (based on your text I´d say a combo between strong lifts and Body Weight). If you have any questions about how to put up a program, ask in the other part of the forum.

+ Start a new challenge today. There is one ongoing right now, but I suggest you still sign up so you can practice for the next one.

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Thank you !

Well I think I'm doing things the good way (negative pull ups, pushing my chin ups etc) but the improvements are really slow and I suspect I have to train my back much more (the rows aren't helping anymore).

The combo bodyweight and weight lifting is exactly what I'm digging for the moment and it's giving me good results ! I'll soon begin to add more bench for the arms.

Plus I was doing everything at home but from the week coming I'll have access to a gym (and thus I could put more weight to the bar, since I attained the limit with 75kg).

I will definitely register to some challenge thanks for the info ;)