Forums are back in action! ×

Police entrance exam!

Hey guys, I'm 13 hours away from my fitness test to get in to the police. Question is, it starts at 8:30 but the fitness part isn't until 11:00, what am I best to have for breakfast and to take as a snack? I've been training to the standard needed in both the 1.5 mile run and the bleep test but tomorrow I have to do both, one after the other, I've eaten well today, but what kind of steps should I take tomorrow to ensure success?

Cheers

Dan

I would guess some oatmeal, fruit, and eggs.  You'll have a good combination of carbohydrates and protein to keep you fueld up.  Bring bananas for snacks.

The most important thing is to keep breakfast light.  Make sure it has both protein and carbohydrates, but don't make it heavy.  You want it to be pretty much completely digested/out of your stomach by the time you do the 1.5 mile run.  Running at that level of intensity with food churning in your stomach is a bad, bad thing.

• Like 1

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Wow...I only had to do a 300m run and a set number of push-ups & sit-ups based on my age (43 at the time). 

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider