Forums are back in action! ×

Ready for Round 2. Wait. What Game Am I Playing???

Hey, everyone. When I met my husband way back in 2009, I was in pretty effing good shape. I had been playing college club rugby from 2006-2008 and knew how to push myself hard. I was disciplined. My dude and I fell in love, though, (damn!) and found that we had wine and craft beer appreciation in common. We appreciated it too much, which meant that my body was always in recovery mode. I stopped going to the gym and running.

Fast forward to today: I've been hitting the gym for a solid month or so, am looking to get back to the level I was at or thereabouts back when my fella and I first met. I have no idea what my goals are though. It's all fairly vague. All I know is that WODs aren't for me, although I love lifting. I wish that I had something distinct in mind to shoot for, or knew anyone in Los Angeles to work out with. For now, I'll just settle for camaraderie with other nerd fitness folks while I continue my rediscovered habit of exercising. I can't wait for the next six week challenge. May 25th can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

Actually, I haven't done the 6 week challenge, yet. By "round 2" I simply meant that having previously been in seriously good shape before, I'm ready to fight the good fitness fight again. I totally look forward to my first challenge, though! Hopefully, I come up with some distinct goal by the 25th. You should join in, just to try it out. Maybe social fitness support is for you?

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

Hey! Welcome on board! :)

I'd recommend snooping through peoples challenge threads to try and get inspiration/pinch ideas. You'll get a good feel of how the challenges run, and see how other people deal with all the pitfalls of trying to keep to their goals for 6 weeks.

The biggest mistake most people make when they do their 1st challenge is that they aim far too high. "I'm going to go 100% paleo and workout 3 times a week" isn't a great starting point but "I'm going to stop eating processed food for lunch by making it at home" is.

The challenges help you to feel like you're really working towards something rather than just randomly working out. :)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously