Forums are back in action! ×

Pacific Crest Trail Nerd-Hike!

Hey, all,

This site has been instrumental in helping me to get in shape to chase my dream: thru-hiking the 2,665 (or so) miles of the Pacific Crest Trail. And in part thanks to the ethos and hope this site encourages, I'm making it come true this year. I'll be leaving in three days to hike from Mexico to Canada.

If anyone is interested in following along with the journey and helping me with nerd tips along the way, feel free to drop by and peruse my blog (which will be updated from the trail):

www.professorerrant.com

Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement and your enthusiasms which helped fuel these fires.

A Professor Errant

ps--I'm too lame to upload it, but you can see pictures of my sweet TARDIS backpack over there in the blog...

post-21639-0-09561300-1400180872_thumb.j

• Like 1

A Professor Errant!

Follow the journey at http://professorerrant.com/

Thanks! It has been a dream for a long time, but I wasn't certain I'd ever actually get to do it. Right about the time I started thinking about it more seriously, I found this site, and it not only helped with my physical training, but Steve's thoughts on pursuing adventure really helped stoke the fires. And seeing all the pretty great things the other Rebels were up to added extra fuel.

Godspeed on your journey as well.

• Like 1

A Professor Errant!

Dayum son that's some work.

I have ridden many many miles of trail on the PCT. Some very fun... Some terrifying. I have almost died or had catastrophic accidents that could have easily lead to dead. It is very dangerous. And beautiful. God is that beautiful.

You'll have your breath taken away many times. But be careful and smart! I want to give you advice but I don't have any since I mostly rode. Lol pack water and big spray. And wear a handkerchief... It can get hella dusty!

Thanks, I-Jo. I'm much looking forward to the terrors and challenges. I'll have enough water to camel up through the desert sections, and repellent for the Sierras and beyond.

My boys pointed out that my handkerchief was the equivalent of my towel, so I will always attempt to be a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is.

A Professor Errant!