Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I'm Anthony, or Oly when gaming and being part of the internet. Oly is short for Olympic, and Kurt Angle is (or was) my Olympic Hero once upon a time. I guess I never grew out of the self-given gaming persona. Oh, and Bards are awesome (do they have a NF profile?!) so I play as Olybard too.

Phew! Now that that's explained!

I've been following Nerd Fitness for about a year. I've always been heavy, except when I was a little kid. I just dinged 30 years old, and I'm a simple guy from Rhode Island that works and plays in front of computers too much. My weight has spiked drastically in the last six months, so I'm finally taking some steps to introduce myself to the community and get some support and motivation.
Any Nerd Fitness members in the RI area?

I grew up playing with Legos and Nintendo, probably taught myself how to read playing the Dragon Warrior games on NES before Kindergarten, then grew into Final Fantasy on SNES and picked up fantasy novels (Terry Brooks, Stephen R. Donaldson etc). I was a well raised nerd for sure!

In my adult life, I focus on MMORPGs and online PC games; currently, the Wildstar beta, plus some Diablo 3 and League of Legends.

I'm 5"10 and 300lbs; 40lbs were gained in the last six months alone. My goal is to get down to 200lbs, and the lightest I've been was 225lbs when I was around 25 years old. I dunno what my race would be; half-orc? I don't think I'm too ugly though. Maybe a half-giant, just short.

Class? I'm thinking a mix of Scout, Ranger and Monk.  I love Vibram Fivefingers (my one pair has seem better days) so my easiest form of exercise has been walking/running, cardio stuff. I also watch UFC and love boxing, wrestling, etc. so I'd love to learn how to kick some butt before I get too old. I guess my character template is still being rolled, but I'd love some feedback!

Finally, I would love to go to Camp Nerd Fitness this summer. I figure this gives me four months to get motivated, introduce myself to the community, and hopefully be another Nerd Fitness success story that also makes it to camp in September. Thanks everyone for reading my introduction! This seems like an amazing community and Steve is an incredible resource and inspiration himself.