Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Guys - 

So.... I was a (decently active) part of the NF community about a year ago. Since then, I have fallen out of the forums while still reading the blog and following some heroes on Twitter and Instagram... basically stalking Staci and Steve. 

Welp, I'm going to try and jump back into the active member of the forums for at least the next few weeks. I'll get to why in just a second.

A little (re)introduction. I'm in Austin, Texas (hands down the greatest place to live) and a couple months away from 31 years old. I have a son who will turn 3 in August. When he was born, I weighed in at an embarrassing 327 pounds. After realizing that stepping over the baby gates was exhausting, I needed to change. So I found NF and the Build Your Own Workout Routine.When I broke the 300 pound loss mark, I bought myself the Rebel Fitness Guide as a reward.

I was down to 272 at my lowest in a while, and I was happy because I had lost 55 pounds. I foresaw a problem in that I would get the "I did it's" and celebrate too much. That's what happened. I never crossed the 300 pound mark again, but I flirted with it. 

I've been back in the gym and watching my diet pretty strictly for the last 4 or 5 months and am back at 283 - but I'm stronger than I ever was. I bench 225, squat 315, leg press 700 pounds... but I can't do 50 crunches without getting knocked out.

So why the next few weeks. Well honestly - I'm going on a Vacation to Jamaica with my wife and I want to be confident and happy with myself as I spend time on the beach. I'm pulling out all the stops so that I can set myself up best for success.

Current routine:

Gym 5 (or 4) days a week

MTh - Supersets Push

TFr - Supersets Pull

W - 60 minutes Cardio

Diet:

1650 Calories Per Day

Limiting to under 130 Carbs per Day

Wish me luck! Thanks for reading.

Welcome back! 

Sounds like you have a pretty great idea of what you want and how to get there, very commendable.

Your routine looks rather badass actually.

Nice simple diet goals, just make sure you're getting enough protein for all those gym visits.

I'm sure I had something else to say. but I've forgotten entirely.

Ah well. 

Best of luck! :)

tomocalypse

Level: 2    Race: Wood Elf   Class: Assassin

[sTR 2| DEX 3| STA 3| CON 2| WIS 1| CHA 2]

Main Quest Line - Master of my own Bodyweight     Goals - Planche Push Ups - 30 second handstand - Basic Parkour skillz   

Challenges:

#1 - Ready Player One

“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.â€

― Oscar WildeThe Importance of Being Earnest