Forums are back in action! ×

New To The Rebellion

Glad to be a part of this great community! I'm hoping to be able to find/offer support here as much as possible. Real quick "About Me": I'm a 24 year old Aircrewman in the US Navy. I consider myself to be in "decent" shape but I want so much more for myself, my wife, and eventually my kids. I want to be superman for them. I have ALWAYS struggled with a spare tire and skinny arms, and recently decided enough was truly enough. 

I typically work out 3-4 times a week in the gym, deadlifts, squats, pullups, barbell complex and the like. Lots of stuff the Rebellion is all about. Recently I examined my diet, that I had thought was alright, and was shocked to realize i was consuming HUGE amounts of carbs and sugar. No wonder I cant get that flat stomach! As of this writing I am 5 days into a nutrition overhaul. I'm stubborn so I'm not worried about falling off the wagon, and in fact I have felt the desire to eat like I used to fade with each day. 

As of right now i am consuming primarily eggs, huge amounts of salad and veggies, lean meat and snacking on almonds, sunflower seeds and drinking 50g lean, no sugar/sweetner protein shakes mixed into unsweetened almond milk after workouts. I need some fine folks keeping me accountable for my goals. As of now I bench 170, deadlift 235, squat (butt to ground) 215 and can do 7-8 good pullups on a good day. I weigh around 176 lbs and have no idea as to my body fat percentage, haha. I'm open to any advice I can get and am happy to help any way I can or just chat!