Forums are back in action! ×

Werebear Warrior finally saying "Hi!"

Hello All,

I am ashamed to say, I have been a member and lurking around here for about a year now, and only now am I saying "Hi."

When I signed up on this site a year ago, I was extremely excited and gung-ho about getting into shape and taking control of my life. Well as you can tell, it has been a year and I haven't done anything to help myself yet. I have touted the Rebellion to everyone I have found that is a nerd and wanting to get into shape, But I have not done it myself.

So here I am now, posting my hello and engaging in a community that I know will keep me accountable.

I call myself a Werebear Warrior because of my size and history. I am 6'2" and closing in on 300 lbs. AKA a large man or Bear. I have always been a strong person, Defensive End/Linebacker and Full Back in high school football, The nerd who protected the smaller nerds from the jack-holes and The "go to" during my army career when someone needed a lift or assistance moving heavy equipment. I have always been a heavy lifter, and during the periods of my life where I have been healthier I would Dead Lift 405, Squat 425 and Bench 275 weekly for my heavy weight days.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and I promise the next time I check in, it won't be a year from now.

Oh and if there are any rebels in the Northwest Florida/South Alabama area, we should get together so we have a local rebel to push us.

David

The Strong move quiet and the weak start riots.

David "Bear"

Level 1 Werebear Warrior

STR-3 DEX-3 STA-2 CON-3 WIS-2 CHA-2

yeah lurking and posting are totally different things.

its absolutely step forward for yourself, but you cant count on us (or anyone else for that matter) to whip you into shape!

with your background, you sound like you had a lot of influence that did wonders for your body, but its really not the same when your doing it on your own, more or less.  i've been there. where i was in excellent shape simply because i was in an atmosphere that made it easy. so if you get discouraged, and im not saying it will happen... but if it does, its all about you, and you alone. your excuses, your motivation, your discipline.

sorry to welcome you here on such a serious note. it just felt kind of personal to me.

Hi Werebear!

I think a lot of people can empathize with getting excited about something and then not following through. The more people you meet on here, the more will be expecting and cheering for you to keep it up, but like Reala said, ultimately you won't do the work for us, you gotta do it for yourself.

You deserve it.

Do you have any specific goals in mind yet?

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

We could be Wear-Cousins!

I'm new to posting as well. I think it's helped with accountability quite a bit, but agree with the above. I'm a FL cat but not in your area.

Thanks for protecting the smalls, and good sweating to you! 

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan