Forums are back in action! ×

Time to harness self control!

Because dieting is all about self control, right? Anywho.

Hello all! My name is Macklin and I'm here to join the rebellion! I started my journey a bit ago, when I was up to face a few nuisances in my life. I was stuck in dark Faron Woodlands (been on a Zelda kick lately) with a bit of depression hanging over my head, but I have successfully been making my way out of it. It came with a price though, I gained more weight that I have previously been working off. So I'm back to base 1 BUT I shall never give up!

Here are my stats:

21 year old female, 5'11", 235 lbs. I should be at 180 for a healthy weight so I have a bit of weight to lose. So plan of action is to lose 55 lbs by counting calories. I set my goal to 1600(edited) as the base amount of consumption for now. I want to do some exercise, so I may do some jogging since its the most convenient way of doing something active.

More about myself:

I'm a now senior graphic design student at Kent State University. I've always loved drawing and art, so I love what I'm doing now in school. I grew up with legos and nintendo, and the Metroid Prime trilogy being my favorite games ever. I pick at minecraft now and then, too (if anyone is on an awesome server, let me know). When I have the funds I love to cosplay as well! 

So, yeah. Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to being with this community. :)

im not an expert or anything... but i think 1500 calories is a great place to stay for weight loss. lots of other sites push for lower, but i honestly think thats getting a bit dangerous.

instead of looking at pure weight though, pay more attention to your bodyfat %. simply judging by the scale is almost always a bad idea. if you dont have calipers, use measuring tape, if you dont have measuring tape, take pictures once a month for comparison, if you dont feel like doing that... just have faith, notice how your clothes are fitting better.

metroid prime is freakin amazing btw.

I'm new around here and I am a bipolar that just got out of a serious depressive spell myself. It's really good to hear about someone else coming out of the woods.

Like reala said, it's a much better idea to focus on body fat and how things fit that absolute weight. I'ld also like to add that I think you are setting your self up for failure or at best yo-yo'ing by thinking of it as a temporary "diet" and requiring "self control". That makes it like your stopping yourself from doing something really you want to do. In my opinion, it is better to think of it as permanently adopting new eating habits that will make you look and feel so good that you'll never want to go back to the way you used to eat. With a permanent habit change like that, it's also easier to blow off steam with an occasional cheat day without feeling guilty about it. Just my $0.02 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9