Forums are back in action! ×

Nerd treasure chest from the underdark.

I'm rearranging the basement for a home gym and began moving old boxes around.  I have a tendency to tote around things... for a long time.  Consequently I have a number of boxes I packed years ago that have traveled on their merry way with me throughout my life's journey.  Some of these containers are likely older than posters on this board, and I figured it was time to unpack some of these boxes.

I present 2 mystery boxes, both labeled "Comics", and as a time frame reference, I have not purchased a comic book in this millennium.

post-26167-0-48751500-1400634717_thumb.j

First box has a date on the side of early June 2005, so not THAT old.

First box contents, drumroll..

post-26167-0-49649900-1400634763_thumb.j

Well, swing and a miss.  That is definitely NOT comics, but rather a box of Dungeons and Dragons modules and handbooks.  Not even ADVANCED! It's the old school expert rule set (basic and immortal rule sets were rattling around in there, as well as the Forgotten Realms campaign box set.  Some random Image comics in the bottom but nothing exciting.  Fun to flip through and I'll have to make a spot on the shelf for them.

On to treasure chest #2.  This box reads '97 on the side

post-26167-0-20284400-1400634946_thumb.j

Let us see what actually dwells inside....

post-26167-0-97392400-1400634979_thumb.j

Score(ish?)!  Xforce might not be super exciting.. but it's a number 1.  Top down picture of some of the more interesting items of note:

post-26167-0-50035100-1400635140_thumb.j

Nothing I'd be able to retire on but the box contained:

- New Mutants 1-50ish (Oh boy?)

- X-men 180 - 300ish (Worth a read again)

- Spawn 1-20 (Pre Leguizmo)

- Transformers 1-4 (The guy in the Atari add on the back looks like Michael Bay)

- Savage Dragon (wtf was I thinking?)

- Namor (Pretty sure I know what I was doing when I bought THAT...)

- X-force #1 (Why did I buy 7 copies of this?), x-Factor, some older Spider Man and Avenger's books that might be worth pricing out.

- Not much DC stuff other than some JLA.  It was almost all Marvel with most of the early Image comics mixed in (Witchblade, Darkness, Weapon Zero).

- A boat load of annuals and cross overs (Days future Present, Infinity Gauntlet etc.)

Fun to stroll down memory lane, I'll have to set aside some time to flip through them.  Yes, most of them do NOT have backer boards (blasphemy I know) and a couple of them were just wrapped in plastic wrap.

I'm a little nervous to open some of the other boxes down there.  The one labeled "Computer crap" could be anything from a Commodore 64 keyboard to a 3DFX Voodoo graphics card.

I'd be pretty stoked with any treasure chest that had old Spider Man, Avengers and X-Men stuff in it.

tomocalypse

Level: 2    Race: Wood Elf   Class: Assassin

[sTR 2| DEX 3| STA 3| CON 2| WIS 1| CHA 2]

Main Quest Line - Master of my own Bodyweight     Goals - Planche Push Ups - 30 second handstand - Basic Parkour skillz   

Challenges:

#1 - Ready Player One

“If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.â€

― Oscar WildeThe Importance of Being Earnest