Forums are back in action! ×

Turning a new leaftt]

Hello All!

I am ready to start taking care of myself. I have always had self esteem issues since I was was a very large child in all my years of public school, and want to change things.

I am married, and while pregnant with my sons, i lost a ton of weight (morning sickness is soo much worse then what the books say.) I ended up losing one of my sons in utero and delivered my other son 2 months early. This was not related to the weight loss, but we were in the losing odds that come with carrying twins.

I have always suffered from depression and with that comes not wanting to do things. Sleeping or hiding in a quiet corner on my phone sounds better then spending time outside running or moving in general.  I never fully grieved over my loss and that has taken a toll on my emotional and physical state. Im not at the weight I was in high school, but my weight fluctuates. 

I want to be a fun mom to my son (who is three now and in perfect health!!) and be a better me! I work full time and constantly on my feet (convenience store clerk ftw.) but want to improve!

Just wanting to say hi and hope to have the support while I undertake this journey!! 

Thanks all!

Hi tehmolly, first off I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through, I can't even imagine how difficult it must have been, you're an incredibly strong person to have gotten through it all. 

Secondly, yay on joining the community! I'm brand new myself but so far this has been an AMAZING place full of support from so many people around the world. No hoping for support here, you have it just by posting, everyone here is ready to support and help you reach your goals! I've had anxiety/depressive episodes which fueled VERY unhealthy habits including oversleeping/hiding that you mentioned. The people here are amazing, if you want some encouragement or need a few words to motivate yourself you'll find that here. (If you need it immediately shoot me a message, I'm in the same boat of finding motivation at times!)

Best of luck in all of your goals :) 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Thanks for the kind words! =) 

Best of luck to you too! It helps to have someone to motivate me when Im at my worse! I am actually off work tomorrow and looking forward to starting up the beginner body weight exercises in the morning.

My three year old learned how to ride a bike today, so talking to my S.O. to go on a bike ride with him tomorrow afternoon, which is something that I haven't done in a really long time!  

I forgot to list my goals in my first post!

To be able to keep up the workout routine that I start

To be able to reach the goal of 150lbs

To be able to change my diet to a more healthy one

To be able to see improvement in my physical and emotional states!