Forums are back in action! ×

Well hi folks! Name's Josh and I stumbled across this site, figured having a group to work with would be useful or somesuch ^_^

The Cliffnotes: Definitely looking like a Ranger, really just trying to go from average to awesome.

Slightly more in depth discussion you say? There are two big things that are my issues as far as having a healthy lifestyle: Proper Eating and Keeping With It. If I'm being honest with myself, apathy about taking the extra 5 minutes I need to cook versus grab a McMeal combined with just a little too much Guiness for my own good are what's making me not happy. I recently read an article about Hugh Jackman being 31 in the first X-Men movie, and being 31 myself I just kinda got a little bug under my skin.

I'm looking to be realistic in my approach. I've got a reasonable strength training plan, I've cut high fructose and booze out of my system, and after being a month in, I'm feeling kinda awesome ^_^.

Big plans:

Bust the beer belly

Lean Muscle

Overall Improvement of Health

That Challenge Link Though! New Theme Song Half-Orc Level 2 STR4 DEX2 STA2 CON1 WIS3. CHA1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." Chuck Palahniuk

Hi Josh! Welcome :) 

I'm in the same boat as you food and beer wise and aspiring Ranger as well.... I've also cut down a lot in the last few weeks and I feel absolutely fantastic! I'm only on week 3 though so we'll see if I can commit and stick to it longer than a month or two. It's especially hard in the summer with all those grill outs friends have and cold delicious beer :( 

Here is to getting fit and sticking to it!

Best of luck!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I appreciate the encouragement Slates! And I definitely understand the feeling about the grill-outs :D fortunately I have a core group that's on board with me and I hit an awesome site for fandom flavored loose leaf tea, so I have a good replacement.

I have no doubt you'll do awesome in your goals! Worst case scenario; feel free to drop me a line and we'll encourage each other!

• Like 1

That Challenge Link Though! New Theme Song Half-Orc Level 2 STR4 DEX2 STA2 CON1 WIS3. CHA1

"The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open." Chuck Palahniuk