Forums are back in action! ×

Shoryuujo has joined the party! do-do-do-do de-do-do-do!

Hey everyone,

My name is Amy and I've joined up with NF, I've found the chat room to be a great place to chat with people daily, get input, feedback, share stories and challenges. I've decided that I'm serious about weight loss and fitness in general starting in the winter, when I was thinking, "I need to get in shape for nursing!" and told myself that I would start in the spring. Well, it looks like spring is finally here in Alberta, and I've pretty much quit soda, started drinking tons of water (not literally :P ), eating lots of fruit and veggies and limiting unhealthy meals and treats to a very small number (once or twice a week, on average). My over reaching goal here is fitness for nursing, but I thought I could also have a lot of fun on the way, setting other goals until I'm in nursing, general fitness goals, being able to get active in small group activities, getting out to enjoy nice days while being active, either at the gym, cycling, or something else fun. Making getting active a fun thing and a challenging goal has been something which is also a driving force.

Some of my interests in physical fitness, at varying levels of interest are: Crossfit (curious), Adventure Race (Curious), Rock Climbing (Interested), Cycling (Interested), Lifting (interested), Volleyball (Interested)

Some of my favorite video games: Final Fantasy VI, Lufia (SNES), Breath of Fire, Dark Souls II, League of Legends, Earthbound, Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Zelda, and more.

Some of my favorite books/series: George RR Martin's Song of Fire and Ice, Glen Cook's Black Company, Tolkein's Silmarillion and Hobbit, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game series, Brom's The Child Thief, many Mercedes Lackey books, and many more.

Other things I've enjoyed is anime and manga in a broad sense. :)

• Like 1

Night Elf
Adventurer level 0
Str: 1    Con: 2    Dex: 2    Sta: 2 Wis: 1    Cha: 1

Challenge: 1

As I took a drink from the glass, I stared briefly at it's contents and thought: This soda represents the Abyss of Calories. Saaaave me -Amy

Hey Amy, welcome to the rebellion! I'm also new here but it's so fun to see this many new people joining each day, I really hope that you can achieve your goals and have fun doing it =)

I think you should narrow down your goals about exercising to more specific things, like, if you're really interested in rock climbing, just go for it and then see the other things, but anyway, it's just my friendly input, hope it helps, have a great time here Amy  :nevreness:

~ Baby Steps Into Giant Strides ~

-Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail Better.

Hi, Amy! Welcome to the Rebellion. :) I love that your objective is to have lots of fun obtaining your goals.

Also, you've read Ender's Game and The Child Thief, so I wanted to drop by and share book love with you. I haven't read any of the other Ender books (because I'm terrified they won't be nearly as dear). The Child Thief ... filled a desire to see just how dark other people can be, admittedly.

Happy, Healthy, Strong!
130 lbs

12%
12%

SW: 208
CW: 198
GW: 130

Current challenge:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/49868-juudar-slays-chickens/

yay book love! I tried reading some other ender's series books, Speaker of the Dead I think it was, but it became too tiresome, with excessive foreign language use, which was flavourful, but becomes a bit of a task to translate, and then remember/retranslate and deal with while reading the book.

Night Elf
Adventurer level 0
Str: 1    Con: 2    Dex: 2    Sta: 2 Wis: 1    Cha: 1

Challenge: 1

As I took a drink from the glass, I stared briefly at it's contents and thought: This soda represents the Abyss of Calories. Saaaave me -Amy

YOU LOVE FINAL FANTASY!! Oh you're definitely one of my favorite persons right now!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."