Forums are back in action! ×

StillWaters's Trophy Room

So I figure its about time I make a dedicated woot thread. Starting with this:

Both my squat and OHP need to increase! Squat to 50lbs + bar and OHP to 30 lbs +bar. Is it reasonable to assume that if a bar has spinning sleeves on it, that it is an olympic bar and is therefore 45 lbs? or can it weigh something different? this is at a 24 Hour Fitness if it matters.

And, my inverse rows went from 3, 2, 2  for the last two weeks to 5, 5, 3 on the 6th hole up on a power cage (not sure if the holes on theese are standard or not, and not sure what angle that would put me at). 1st pull up here I come!

• Like 1

I've worked out at 2 different 24 hour fitness centers in the past few years and their bars were all of the 45lb variety. That said, a bar with spinning sleeves does not necessarily weigh 45 lbs. There are short, lighter bars with sleeves and knurling (the rough gripping areas) at my current gym.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Forgot to post this, but last Sunday, I finally conquered my (rediculous) fear of deadlifting and actually was able to start with the 45lb plates. I'll stay there until I can stop bending my arms on the way down, but at least I have started.

Major DOMS in my legs and upper back, but my lower back feels fantastic, and I'm not hitting my knees, so at least I'm not doing as bad as i thought I would.

The fix to bending your elbows on the deadlift is to flex your triceps as hard as you can. If you can cue yourself your triceps will easily overpower your biceps.

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"