Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

My name is Kushal, I am 24 years old and I live in Mumbai. I have been an unhealthy person for the better part of the last decade due to my own personal habits along with certain health conditions. In my early teenage years, I was a healthy individual. However, I started to gain a lot of weight on account of a steroid medication for my Asthma. It had a side effect of weight gain, something which my family doctor forgot to mention earlier. As I said, my own personal habits didn't help with losing weight either. I have been a couch potato who tends to either sit watch TV, play some games on my desktop or read a book at home. Two years ago, I got diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. My new doctor was very helpful in getting me to walk again, after movement restriction of about three months. My knees have become a major issue. However, around August of 2013, I decided to stop ignoring my weight and unhealthy lifestyle and I decided to join a local gym. This was the same place wherein I had lost ~15 kilograms a few years ago. I thought to myself, history in this case can be repeated twice without much effort. However, life had a different set of events in store for me. In November, I got diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. Though it is at Stage 1 at present, the tests are pretty much a see-saw ride. One day it is sunshine, while the other it is rainy. As of 25th May, I stand at ~100 kilograms. I feel unhealthy, look obese and am not enjoying my life. I understand the third part is a bit vague and subjective, but what I mean to say is that at the prime of my youth, I am as unhealthy as some of old people I see daily. I want to change that and I need directions for the same. 

Looking forward to getting myself back and to meet new people along with way.

Warm Regards,

Kushal

Welcome, Kushal!!!!  Nerd Fitness is a great place to get support and share ideas toward getting fitter and healthier!!

Let us know how we can help you!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Hi Chriss,

Given my current health condition, I want to lose body fat. I'm the guy who looks like a pear from a distance. Though I don't eat much, in fact less than those of my age, I have very heavy thighs and waist. That combined with my medicinal steroids which have a side effect of weight gain, just adds to my difficulty at keeping my weight in check. 

Is there a regime, to begin with, which would be light on my body, but would get in the right direction? I hope I am not sounding too vague.