Forums are back in action! ×

mistereblack: demon slayer.

Hi.  My name is Clint. I'm 30, and this is my story.  Over the years i've developed a rather unhealthy case of body dysmorphia.  I've never been drastically overweight, but always just enough to stand out among my peers.  During my late teens and throughout my 20's i was involved in the band scene quite prominently.  I took a lot of pride in the music i did but i always felt out of place among my boney rock star band mates.  So the old saying goes that being in a band gets you chicks, but maybe i chose the wrong instrument or needed to fit into a ladies medium t-shirt.

When i was 26 i found myself stripped of everything that defined who i was.  I had lost my job of 6 years due to my boss stealing nearly a hundred thousand dollars from the business and since i was management, they pretty much placed the blame on me as well.  The band i was in broke up and the event had soured my interest in playing ever again.  And to top it all off, i lost the person i believe i should be spending the rest of my life with.

Years of drinking, smoking, and emotional eating have turned that image in the mirror into a sad sight indeed.  I'm 5'9" on a good day and fluctuating between 185 and 190 lbs and i'm sick of not being proud of myself.

Recently I have developed an addiction to archery, a newfound love of the sun, and nurtured a lost talent of drawing.  I plan to keep up the momentum and finally become a person i can be proud of.  Physically, i don't have far to go, but mentally and emotionally i have a very long road ahead of me.

For my starting goals I plan to make a habit of going to my gym after work at least 3 times a week and continuing to go on long hikes with my dog and my friends.  I want to become addicted to being outside and active.  I want to work on my strength so i can ramp up my archery from a 65 lb draw to a 95 lb draw.  One day i hope to have a qualifying shot for the olympics and i hope that while on my quest, i will become the person i wrongly convinced myself that i never could be.  I'm out to slay my demons, one arrow at a time.

Heya Mistereblack! Wow, you've got some story behind you. but as Robert Frost adequately defined life, "It Goes On" As you can see, Hope and movement are what helps us overcome our baggage. I look forward to hearing you do awesome things in this community!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."