Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

Hey everybody,

I too have decided to level up my life and get fit. Although my story about the weight gain is a bit different. Long story short, 3 years ago I was diagnosed with ITP (meaning your platelets that clot blood for cuts etc is extremely low) and so I had to be on steroids for about 6 months. I was an average size/fairly fit before this, But these steroids caused me to gain about 90 lbs!

They did save my life, And it's been in remission ever since.

When I had stable numbers, I was able to get taken off the medication and was advised to start losing weight as soon as possible. This was my mindset for awhile, And I lost about 10lbs before my mum passed away. This was 8 months after my diagnosis. She died unexpectedly and in a traumatizing way and I got diagnosed with PTSD shortly afterwards (In addition to already having depression and anxiety D:).

It's been slow but steady since then, Lost another 20 lbs. Moved out of my dad's house and into my own place with my boyfriend and have gotten a better job as well. So since all the other areas of my life have been leveled up I decided to finally get this under control as well.

Haven't had candy for 3 weeks (Candy is my Kryptonite) and have been working out and eating clean for awhile now as well, Just did the Beginner Bodyweight Workout yesterday, And I can definitely feel all those squats!

Don't have much of a support system here, Looking to encourage others as well :).

• Like 2

Adventurer, Level: 1.

STR 2 | DEX  1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"Happiness can be found, Even in the darkest of times, If only one remembers to turn on the light." - Dumbledore.

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam.

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.†- Galadriel.

I am so sorry about your losses but glad to see you here.  NF is a great place to find motivation and get ideas.  And it really is a place where, the more you give, the more you get back.

First off, NOTHING is required.  Na da.  You can hang out, read, swap tips and questions and learn from the mentors and fellow nerds.  

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The next challenge starts June 9th.  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.ner...level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 6 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

That's awesome! Thank you for your response :D.

I've been reading NF for about a month now and I did hear about the 6 week challenge so I will definitely look into that.

Definitely stoked to get started! Especially with all the support options you mentioned ^.^

"Happiness can be found, Even in the darkest of times, If only one remembers to turn on the light." - Dumbledore.

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam.

Wow, that's a harrowing experience indeed. I am glad to know that you have the medical and psychological support you might want after that.

Okay, on to the cheerleading ;)

Welcome to nerd fitness, fellow tyrian!! I've been lurking on chat and browsing the forums for a really short time, but the people here are great. Really supportive bunch.

See you around :)

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm so sorry about your loss. You seem like a super strong person and I know that you can accomplish any goal you set your mind on! 

I hope to see you during the challenge and I'll definitely cheer you on. Keep up the good work. :)

• Like 1

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Definitely awesome to come back to some supportive posts :D

You guys are awesome! We will definitely beat this.

I'll be a cheerleader for you both as well :P

Did you guys sign up for June 9th's 6 week challenge? It'll deinitely be a good kick in the right direction lol

See you guys around :)

• Like 1

Definitely awesome to come back to some supportive posts :D

You guys are awesome! We will definitely beat this.

I'll be a cheerleader for you both as well :tongue:

Did you guys sign up for June 9th's 6 week challenge? It'll deinitely be a good kick in the right direction lol

See you guys around :)

Yaaasss.... I'm definitely signed up for the challenge.  I was snooping around the previous challenges and I think I'll really like the way that the assignments are structured.  There are some pretty decent writers around here ;)

I'm assuming you're all signed up?

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Yaaasss.... I'm definitely signed up for the challenge.  I was snooping around the previous challenges and I think I'll really like the way that the assignments are structured.  There are some pretty decent writers around here ;)

I'm assuming you're all signed up?

Yeah man, Ready to go :D. There are some talented/creative people on here for sure, It's really cool!