Forums are back in action! ×

I signed upt to do a past challenge.  But life seemed to get in the way.  Promotion at work.  Divorce.  Raising my young child.  I read the no excuse blog today and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time.  So I am signing up in order to keep myself accountable.  So a little about me.

My name is Steve.  I currently reside on the MA/RI border.  I am 28, 5'8" and currently weigh ~165 lbs.  I have a 2.5 year old son and am currently going through a divorce. I currently work in consumer banking which I have come to realize is not something I really enjoy but it pays the bills for now.  I am a huge music junkie no matter what the genre.  I used to be a huge gamer but never seem to be able to find the time anymore.  By the time my son goes to bed I am usually ready for bed shortly after.

Here are some current goals:

Quit smoking completely (I fell off the wagon when the divorce process started)

Start exercising regularly. (I just signed up for a gym membership where my best friend goes daily to force myself to go)

Sell my house in order to completely separate myself from my ex financially.

I would love to get stronger and be able to run around with my son without getting winded so easily.

Continue to expand my social circle,

Put some money away for my TMNT full sleeve tattoo I have planned.

I will continue to add to my list.

Any comments, questions,or suggestions are welcome.

• Like 1

First; Welcome to the Rebellion!

Second; Those are all great goals and they're all possible. Everyone here will help keep you accountable and support you throughout the challenge and forward. Good luck with everything! 

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Welcome back!!

I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The next challenge starts June 9th.  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/362-level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 7 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)