Forums are back in action! ×

I Want to be a Ranger

Hello!

My name is Fil. When I was in elementary school, I used to live by "mind over matter". A skinny, weasely and frankly vindictive child, I never understood the value of mind + body working together. Since then I've come to my senses. Last summer I spent four months trying to gain weight while working out with extremely limited success - no weight gain, taking days to heal, getting stronger but not bigger. Now I've found Rebel Fitness and learned a lot about what I've always been missing.

I've spent the last few days easing into a 3000 calorie diet. Tomorrow I start back at the gym with a new exercise plan (thanks, Rebel Strength Guide!) and by the new year I plan to be a Ranger. I want to be strong enough and have enough endurance to handle anything that comes my way, and some day to tackle the challenges I set for myself.

Here's a picture of me today.

Posted Image

Within four months I will be part of the proof that a Computer Science studying, history-and-philosophy-reading, video-game-obsessed nerd can also do anything the real world throws at him.

congrats on the decision to give it another shot! Sounds like you've got a really positive attitude and it'll be exciting to hear how things progress for you! Welcome!

PS - pretty sure I have that same green towel. Great minds...

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Hey man welcome to the rebellion!

You have an amazing attitude, and good for you for taking control of your own body. If all you do is maintain a reasonable diet and consistently hit the gym a couple times a week over the next year, you WILL change your body and it WILL feel good ;-)

Strength training is the way to go, especially when you're skinny. Many people who would benefit from lifting often seem intimidated by it, and instead resort to cardio as their only fitness. If you're anything like me, once you get comfortable with your exercise routine, you'll grow to love lifting! I've said this numerous times on these forums, but it's always my cardio workouts I fear haha!

Start packing on that muscle my man, cheers!

- Grey