Forums are back in action! ×

Getting back on track.

I'm Sandwich, and I'm a Halfling Ranger/Assassin. (at least I hope to be)

I have always been shorter than most of my guy buddies, and since I was like 11 I have had long, curly hair. Add in my decent sized feet, love for being barefoot and an addiction to mushrooms, and you got yourself a hobbit.

Now back in High School I did Soccer and Track, but my main focuses were Swimming and Theater. Freshman year I was one of the best freshmen on the team, although I had my brother's reputation as captain to live up to. Unfortunately, I broke my foot the beginning of Sophomore year and was unable to perform flip-terns. I was out of competitions and resorted to helping the people who could hardly swim with tips and instruction.

That summer I moved to a new town, but the Swim Team there was way too expensive for my parents at the time. For the rest of my high-school career, I focused on Theater and Computers; forsaking fitness until this past summer.

A few old classmates were back in town from their fancy colleges and started working out in the park. I figured I would join them.

So began about 6 weeks of great exercise. We did a watered down version of a SEAL routine that a buddy of ours was doing in training, and I noticed myself getting stronger. That is, until my buddies left town and it got bloody hot here.

I tried to get some of my in-town friends to come with me, but they are not known for their reliability. Being alone, and with the temperature easily reaching 110 every day, my exercise quickly died off.

But now, after being sent here by a coworker of mine who has been working out a lot lately himself, I am setting off on a new workout routine and am going to try going Primal.

And so begins my journey. Eventually, I want to become a Traceur and join up with the small local troupe here. I want to be well rounded; I have always been a Jack of all Trades kind of guy anyway. So, Ranger/Assassin it is.

Posted Image

Edit: A bit more about me: I am 19 years old and work at the movies. I am a Nerdfighter and love all things nerdy. Unfortunately, I have a horrible attention span and get distracted easily. Incidentally, I am not exactly a good student. It is hard for me to plan more that 2 weeks in advance. I am currently working on getting some grants to start at the local community college in January.

Sandwich, level 1 Half-Elf. Training with the AdventurersSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 3

For parkour stuff/getting in shape you can do a LOT of stuff. Climbing trees barefoot (I like to do that when I feel ape-like enough), crawling on all fours, climbing small cliffs, sprinting, jumping, pullups, all that sort of thing should be your focus with a supplement of weight lifting (I'd suggest bodyweight workouts mainly because as a tracuer you won't be moving a whole lot of heavy objects, but you will have to know how to move yourself and your own bodyweight) while also trying to practice some of the basic parkour skills. Start slow though to not get injured. Like do a Primal workout 3 times a week, then once your body is not getting too sore anymore the day after, throw in Steve's beginner bodyweight workout once or twice a week. With consistent progress this should be a pretty good starting base. Also on any day you feel good enough to do it, practice one or two parkour skills. Don't forget that if you are gonna train like an animal, you sure as hell better eat like one.

In Lake Havasu, haha. I used to live in Chandler, but moved over here a few years ago.

I can say it is great to see some fellow Arizonans on here. I was afraid I would be the only one trying to do all this in a desert.

What Challenge are you talking about?

Sandwich, level 1 Half-Elf. Training with the AdventurersSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 3

Don't forget that if you are gonna train like an animal, you sure as hell better eat like one.

I love the way you said that. Usually I don't eat a whole lot because I am rarely that hungry. I will keep that in mind.

I already browsed all over the main site and put together a workout that I think will be good for me.

I plan on doing the Beginner Circuit Mondays and Fridays, the workout on the Parkour page on Wednesdays, and running on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't want to pay for a gym membership, and I figure the only thing I really need for now is a pull-up bar (I did my pull-ups today hanging from my porch...)

I also intend to practice Parkour Techniques on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays starting with landings, rolls, and precision jumps. I can already do a mean two handed vault.

Thoughts?

Edit:

Also, listen to this.

Awesome!

Welcome!

I'm afraid I can't help you much with parkour or anything of that nature. My main focus has been lifting the last little while, and on the topic of challenges, my current one is just focused on strength gain and muscle building. Good times.

But I know you'll find lots of support around here (looks like you already have!) and it's AWESOME that you've got other people from your city to support you! I'm from the frigid igloos of Toronto, Canada, and so far, I seem to be the sole rebel. Make sure you take advantage of of it! I can tell you that Mr. Loren Wade here is very active on these forums and has been kicking ass at his challenges. Definitely a nice buddy to have around town ;-)

Cheers, and good luck!

- Grey