Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all... My name is Graniteknighte and I am new to the boards... I am 22, gay and in not that terrible of shape, but I still am seeking that support I need to keep on pushing. I am 5'8 185 with a 17 inch neck 18 inch arms and a 45 inch chest. My problem, my most disliked area is my lovehandles/obliques. Over the past year I have lost 70 pounds from bicycling 10 miles a day every day and eating better but I still have the horrible lovehandles that just make me feel so ugly and undesirable.  I grew up badly abused and so I have a terrible self image and just never developed that sense of inner strength.

I'm glad to be here, I want this to be a new leaf for me.

Hi Graniteknighte,

Welcome! I am also looking to get pushed onto better things.

70lbs in a year! That's awesome. I have lost 14 lbs in 6 months and want to do another 14 lbs by Christmas. That's some serious cardio commitment there! I am 5'10 , 196 lbs , 16 inch neck 44 inch chest and I haven't measured my arms this month. I measure every month, what do other people do?

I also dislike my love handles/obliques. I thought I was doing ok until I looked in the full length mirror while having physio. Those bad boys have to go. Have you tried going paleo? I enjoy it but I find it tough with a family not eating that way. My wife not giving up grains! My two year old loves bread!

But I try to focus on what part of my body I do like. I have always had good shoulders, but since training my arms and chest have got slowly better. Dude, you can cycle ten miles! I can't cycle ten minutes! What is your best feature?

I have looked up some techniques for targeting my obliques, but most of them, as you know, need you to lower your body fat percentage first before attempting them.

This dude Scott Herman has loads of videos on youtube

Checkout the advanced windmill torso twists....insane. But hopefully I might get to that. There is some simpler stuff there too. I might try the floor wipers and just bought a resistance band from rubberbanditz to do wood choppers anywhere. Give it a look.

I might go back and try CLA supplements as I have noticed a difference from not taking them. They supposedly help inhibit the storage of fat in fat cells and help burn the fat as energy. Plus paleo, hopefully kicks some ass.

Let me know how you get on and throw me some tips.

All the best

Wolfie