Forums are back in action! ×

Hi guys

Just wanted to officially say hi and maybe give a little background info on myself. I just finished posting my first challenge in the level 1 section. I'm looking forward to it.

Ok so I've been reading this site for quite awhile and never found the motivation to try any challenges or anything. Ive always been in somewhat decent shape maybe carrying a few pounds extra... But my job in maintenance keeps me fairly active (nonstop walking all day, lifting, climbing etc) lately though I've noticed a slide in mental attitude and it's affecting me. So I've decide to clean up my act a bit and reenergize myself.

Current stats

Weight 184 (was 205 about 3 months ago)

I lost a few pounds for our trip to Cuba but then out some back. Since I signed up for a bjj tournament I had to pick a weight class and will be disqualified for not making weight. So I am down to my current weight. I am within the division but looking back I think I cldve gone down another weight class. Maybe next time.

Height 5'10"

Can't do anything about this :(

Age 35

I think I'm fairly active and mobile for someone my age lol at least compared to the people I work with . This is where the jits has really helped. Keeping me flexible and in good shape.

Hopin to join the monks class after the challenge as in my current state I feel this is the best place for me given my love for martial arts and spirituality. But I also love parkour and American ninja warrior!

Diet/Nutrition Plan

Don't really follow anything too specific right now. Mainly eat as much fresh as we can withou boxed or canned food. We have strayed a garden with some veggies an herbs this year so this should be fun. I like the idea of eating a primal/paleo diet but I'm also intrigued by The Gracie Diet. It's kind of weird but I haven't looked into it enough.

Anyways that's enough for now I gotta get back to work :(

Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness...