Forums are back in action! ×

Since I've been hanging around for a little while, I thought I should officially introduce myself.

I really like to play and have fun, but never learned much about fitness and exercise. When I was younger I was always told that I didn't need to know any of that, since I was so scrawny. Ironically, not following that advise is exactly what would have helped me put on some muscle.

I currently eat a somewhat whole foods diet - probably about 75%/25% real food/junk ratio. I'm somewhat fit. Enough to walk a few miles, take a couple flights of stairs two steps at a time, or hold up my end of a sleeper sofa.

I love to walk, and love to hike short trails (1-5 miles). I also love stairs, am attracted by their presence, and whenever I come to a staircase, feel the need to walk up it, especially if it is a very steep set of stairs leading up a trail. That and waterfalls. My husband doesn't like to walk as much as I do, but I have discovered that he is willing to go a lot farther if there is a waterfall at the end. :peaceful:

Future goals:

First, I need to form the habit of working out again.

I have a low pullup bar in my basement, and can currently do 1 pullup (not deadhang due to the lowness of the bar). I would like to be able to do 10, but the most I have ever been able to do consecutively is 2. I have already seen some ideas here that may help me build up to that. I like to squat. Handstands look pretty neat. I used to like to do them when I was a kid. I would love to learn again. Last year I learned what a rock scramble is. I had to turn back because I did not have free hands to climb. Drink bottle in one hand, camera in the other. Need to find one again and scramble to the end. Interestingly, I am scared of heights, but this is different. Who knows what other intriguing fitness activities I will find here. Oh my gosh, I have to take this one step at a time!!!

Mainly I just want to keep growing, becoming fitter & happier over time. I think this is a good place for that. The people you surround yourself with make all the difference, and the energy of the people here seems right.

• Like 1

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

Hey there!!  Are you doing a challenge this time around?

I have to say, if you can do a couple of pullups ... great!!!  Just keep trying and do negatives after you do the two pullups that you can do. You'll get to 10 gradually. 

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Challenge already posted. Trying to get back into a routine of exercising, so no big goals until next time.

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed