Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!

I signed up for the newsletter months ago and read a lot of blog posts, but today I decided that it's time for joining the forums! I will tell you about my background:

I've always been that skinny girl that eats a lot but never gets fat. When I was a kid I used to try eating more and more because I had a big complex over my weight, unsuccessfully. But eventually I just accepted and embraced my complexion.

On the fitness side, most of my life I lived in a 5th floor without elevator and had to walk to school (about 20-30 minutes from my home). So, even if I didn't really exercise, I was using my body enough to be fit. When I was in college, I discovered a new sport called Jugger and I got reasonably good at it. I was loving being in good shape and being able to run very fast for my team.

But two years ago I finished college and moved back to my hometown. There are Jugger teams here too, so I went to train with them a few times, but I didn't enjoy it. The matches were fun, but the players were too much into gossip and trying to start fights with each others. I never went back.

At the same time, I started working from home, so you can imagine that I spend most of my time sitting in front of a computer. I also got a boyfriend with car and stopped walking for good.

I was feeling that I was getting sloppy and even getting some fat around my butt and hips (for the FIRST time in my life!!) but hey, I went through a lot to accept my body, now I love it the way it has always been!

So I decided to run every other day to get back into shape, but I just don't have the discipline. I never exercised regularly and building that kind of habit is really hard (I know it now).

THE GOOD THING:

I remembered that playing Jugger with my team was extremely fun, we were a great group of people and supported each other. So I looked for something else that I could do with other people that would encourage me. I found a Martial Arts gym in my neighbourhood and joined the Aikido class this Monday. It's been 2 classes now and I am loving it!

I want to be fitter than ever while learning a lot of new things about Aikido :redface:

Welcome mascota! 

I'm one of those forever skinny girls too, and I tried really hard to get more weigh before too so I feel you xD 

I think it's great you've joined Aikido! It's always good to have a hobby that keeps you active and motivates you to move more. Let's hope it sticks! (also Jugger sounds awesome! Now to wait until someone starts a team in Finland too so I can try it out :D )

Human

Level: 1

STR: 2 | DEX: 0 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1