Forums are back in action! ×

Stood up for myself

This is half ranting/venting, half wooting:

I won't get into too much detail because this is a public forum, but my bosses tend to be unreasonable and do not treat their employees very well.  

Yesterday, there was a problem with my paycheck.  I was told I had to switch to direct deposit and allow 10 business days for it to all get set up.  So, 10 business days ago I did.  The office manager was delayed in putting the paperwork in so, no surprise, direct deposit wasn't ready yesterday.  I got an email letting me know and telling me I'd get a paper check next week if it didn't go through.  I spent the day considering whether it was worth dealing with.  In normal situations, I'd rather get walked all over than deal with problems because the resulting drama is rarely worth it.  Hours later, after other issues and coworker encouragement, I replied that I'd rather have the paper check that day if possible.

That email triggered panic and closed door meetings and phone calls.  Hours later, nobody had said anything and the office manager sent an email saying it wasn't possible to pay me that day and blaming me for waiting to set up direct deposit.  I read the email over and over, fuming.  They were withholding my pay to punish me..

I went into my supervisor's office (she was only included in the last email and has no power over my paycheck) and told her it was all unacceptable and I needed to handle this somehow.  We discussed and she agreed.  She helped me draft a response that was tactful but not timid to tell them if I do not have the money in my account Monday morning, I will request a paper check.

I'm going to need to summon more courage if I have to deal with more of this Monday, but I'm so happy I'm not being a doormat.  Now I get to figure out how to pay my bills this weekend...

• Like 1

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)