Forums are back in action! ×

...I mean, this should have been my first post. I wrote out an excruciatingly long intro in my Workout Battle Log thread ,only to realize it probably should have been here. It contains my fitness background, so this can be for my nerd background.

Video games. Forever. I've recently stopped playing and don't even own any consoles, but I'm still a gamer at heart. From Halo and Call of Duty to Pokemon and Runescape in the early days. Apart from games, I love reading (impatiently awaiting Paolini's Inheritance) and I've even rolled a 20-sided once or twice.

Other than my "core" nerd interests, my interests lie in music and technology. I love ambient, post rock, post hardcore, hardcore, and metal. If it has spiritual/Christian lyrics, even better. I'm fix my friend's computers and have a rooted Android phone (Cyanogen ftw?) but I'm sure that's not too out of the ordinary here.

I'm 19, in my second year of college to be an electrical engineer.

Nice to meet you.

sweet! i love traveling in china...and lots of other places. i'm an addict.

read your workout battle log. nice work! i was introduced to rippetoe's stuff by a good friend back in june, and i'm completely hooked. now i'm just trying to get the diet to go with it. i have no trouble with willpower and avoiding bad stuff...i'm just still learning where to draw lines (such as with carbs/sugar in stuff like fruit or milk), and the idea that i'm supposed to eat MORE. i'm SO programmed. the lifting though...LOVE.

what have you done with the tabata method so far? is this something you tried once, do often, or plan to do?

also... awesome that you were mistaken for steve.