Forums are back in action! ×

Inspirational movies/books/songs/1-act plays/drunken spiels/etc

That was pretty good :) Did you see this one in the recommended links next to it?

Doesn't look like much until you realise who these guys are that are running together...

Who were they? Aside from Ali and Zidane, I don't know who they were. At first I thought it was just random people running with Ali, then I saw Zidane's bald head in the back. I'm not much of a sports fan.

it may not be specifically about training but i've got a book about the battle of Thermopylea ('Gates of Fire' by Steven Pressfield) and i've read it at least 4 times, every time i start reading it it makes me wanna become epic, i'm not talking gerard butler in '300' epic i mean the mindset that they had of 'i may die, but i'm taking 20 of you fuckers with me' and the ability to not give up even though your beyond exhausted with an eyeball hanging out and your last spear is broken and you're down to mauling Immortals with you're bare hands purely to give their comrades the few hours necessary to escape and regroup

(YouTube)

I wish I could do some of the gymnastics stuff he does. That being said I'm not sure why he does those horrible kipping pull-ups near the beginning, you'd think he'd easily have the strength to do them without kipping (and even with the kipping he doesn't seem to get very high). On top of that his boxing was just terrible

Saw 'Courageous' over the weekend. Great movie for fathers. It makes no qualms about being a Christian movie (so know that going in) and it is not high on production values, but the message of the movie is very inspirational

For Collin....I will level up my life with the lessons you taught me

My attempt at a blog: just54days.wordpress.com

Battle Log: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?5775-MacNip-s-Growing-Up-(Hopefully)

Who were they? Aside from Ali and Zidane, I don't know who they were. At first I thought it was just random people running with Ali, then I saw Zidane's bald head in the back. I'm not much of a sports fan.

David Beckham (English footballer)

Haile Gebrselassie (Ethiopian runner)

Ian Thorpe (Australian swimmer)

Tracy McGrady (NBA)

Maurice Greene (US sprinter)

Laila Ali (Muhammad Ali's daughter - also a boxer)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)