Forums are back in action! ×

I joined the newsletter email blasts thing over a week ago, and I thought that I should post something here as well.

Here's my background:

I am a tall, skinny, awkward guy living in the northern Canadian Tundra. I've always been skinny but since moving out of my parents place and into my own I've noticed my waistline getting bigger and my budget getting smaller. 

I've never worked out in my entire life, and joined a gym last year. It was the worst experience as my trainer didn't help me at all, and I ended up feeling like I wasted m time and money. The biggest issues I face are not knowing how to work out, and what that means. I also found out recently that I don't know how to eat. In fact, eating is a huge issue. I've found myself not eating all day (just drinking coffee) until late at night when my girlfriend gets home.

I've begun reading the blog posts on this site and have found a great amount of information, all of which makes sense to me.

All this is a little overwhelming to me so I'm going to try to work on one thing at a time (like learning how to eat, then learning how to work out) which should help ease myself into a routine of fitness. 

I don't know how this all works, but I'm looking forward to hearing what all of you have to say and I'm excited to start learning more and more about the fitness world.

Thanks for hearing me out!

Hey man.  Welcome!  I just joined here myself.  Have a similar problem...tall and thin, don't eat right.  Hoping to get on the right track here.  Best of luck to you!

Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)

Welcome to the Rebellion dude!

My suggestion to you is to sign up for the challenge that starts tomorrow, and there you can post some of your goals regarding working out and eating. It's a great way to stay accountable and motivated.

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson