Forums are back in action! ×

My Story: Time to be the Protagonist

Hi everyone!

My name is Jason and I stumbled upon NerdFitness and really like what I've seen.  I'm excited to get going here and be a part of what seems like a pretty awesome community.

I'm 27 and my whole life I've been the scrawny kid.  I used to be fairly athletic, but now I find I don't have the endurance I used to, either.  I'm hoping to pack on 20-30 pounds over time and become overall a healthier man.  I've never been the alpha male or the hero.  It's time to change that.  Every guy wants to be the hero.

Confidence/anxiety has always been a challenge for me, and a part of that has been being the scrawny guy.  My hope is that this will go a long way toward overcoming that.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

-Jason

• Like 1
Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)

Nice to meet you Jason, and welcome to Nerd FItness and all of its glory!

I hope you decide to sign up for the 6 week challenge that starts tomorrow, there you'll get support and motivation to reach your goals.

See ya in the forums,

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!!

There's a lot to take in - but take it slowly and you'll pick it up as you go.

First off, NOTHING is required.  Na da.  You can hang out, read, swap tips and questions and learn from the mentors and fellow nerds.

If you want more accountability, I do recommend the 6-week challenges.  During these challenges, you pick a few goals to work on that will help you improve your life.  6 weeks is usually enough time to let you decide if the new activities are helpful and work for you .... or not. And that's long enough to establish new habits that you can turn into a healthier lifestyle.

The next challenge starts June 9th (tomorrow!).  You'd start as a Level 1 Rebel (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/362-level-1-rebels/) .... which is where you LEARN about all of the stats, guilds, rpg character, and so on as well as working at setting SMART goals.  You still get to adopt what works for you, and you can ignore the rest.  Some very successful NF people never bother with classes or stat points or race or so on.  They just hang out in the guild that suits their goals best.

Even MOAR accountability?  We have accountability groups of 7 or so people who check up on each other frequently during a challenge.  Plus lots of other, optional fun.

Let us know how we can help you achieve your goals.  Post here ... or you can message me with the envelope icon at the upper right of the screen.

Good luck!!

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Thanks for the kind welcome!  I do think I'll be joining the challenge tomorrow.  The gaming aspect as well as the support seem like really great ways to make this more fun and successful.

Thanks again!

Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)