Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone!

After reading some of the latest Blog posts on nerdfitness, I finally decided to come aboard myself instead of continueing to lurk around.

I'm from northern Germany, more specifically from a small village right between Bremen and Bremerhaven, and turned 28 two weeks ago. Although I'm fairly skinny and consider myself active (I play and coach soccer Four times a week), i'm not happy with my appearance and my overall fitness. I go to a small gym already, but pretty irregularly, so I made only small progress so far. My Mountain-bike also deserves more attention than the occasional ride to the supermarket or to work.

I've decided to change that to see what I'm capable of and to get rid of my growing laziness.

That's all for now, Folks! I'm really glad I took the leap and joined the Community!

Level 2 Warrior

STR 1 - CON 1 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - WIS 2 - CHA 0

Welcome Schmonk!  

I'm in a similar boat as you--27, thin but not happy with my fitness, past struggles w/regular gym visits--and I also just joined here.  I'm giving the 6-week-challenge a go (starts tomorrow): Instructions.  It looks like a fun, promising way to make some progress towards being the man I want to be.

Looking forward to watching you make progress!

Level 1 Elf - Professional Goal: Ranger (with a little bit of Warrior)
STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 

Don't Give Up:
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish - John Quincy Adams

Overcome Anxiety: 
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you - Dan Millman

Failure Has a Purpose:
Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up -Alfred (Batman Begins)

Welcome to the Rebellion!

As I tend to say to all new recruits, if you want, join the 6 week challenge that starts tomorrow. (You can jump in within two weeks, if you need some time to figure out your goals and such).

Auf Wiedersehen, Ich hoffe dass wir einander ins forum sehen kann (or something like that :))

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

Hi Jason!

Thanks for the welcome!

I just signed up for the challenge, but haven't set up my thread yet.

But I read yours and it was very inspiring, as we are sort of in the same boat, as you said. I have a hunch that you will rock your goals!

Level 2 Warrior

STR 1 - CON 1 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - WIS 2 - CHA 0