Forums are back in action! ×

Hello there, fellow nerds!

My real life name is Holly (I have yet to decide on a good character name for my adventures on Nerd Fitness).

At a young age I played several sports like soccer and martial arts but had to abandon them before high school due to my growing focus on academics and grades. In my junior year I joined a gym and actually got personal training sessions several times a week for about a year. Long story short, during that time I was being held accountable and motivated, so I made great progress and was very proud of my accomplishments.

However, now that I've moved out and gone off to college, I no longer have the forced accountability of a personal trainer and my workouts have sputtered to a halt. Every now and then I manage to go for a run or do some push ups for a week or so, but then I convince myself to 'take a break' which ends up stretching into weeks and months of no exercise.

So that's where I'm at now. I have rather dreadful eating habits which I know don't show only because I'm still young, and I'm lucky enough to still retain some residual fitness from my previous efforts. I'm here mostly because I really want to establish a routine of lifelong fitness and good eating habits, but I'm also working on coming up with some 'level 50' ambitions.  :tongue:

I've gone through some tough challenges struggling with low self esteem mostly stemming from my inability to make resolutions and stick with them (or as I often think of it, my complete lack of self discipline). I'm hoping that joining this community will help give me the extra push to keep me motivated and upbeat about building good habits and striving towards that beautiful, sweet DING of a level up!

Can't wait to meet you all and embark on a kick-ass fitness adventure!

- Holly

• Like 1

War Dancer: Level 0

STR: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  STA: 0  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 0  |  CHA: 0

My first challenge!

"Weapons? You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"