Forums are back in action! ×

Situation:  Approaching mid life and 250lbs

Goal: Lose weight, get stronger, eat better (nothing original there)

Difficulty:  Soul/energy draining desk job leaves me tanked at the end of the day.

I may be an adult, but I'm hardly grown up.  I still read comic books, watch cartoons (beats "reality" TV any day) and purchase the occasional action figure collectible.  Unfortunately my youthful mindset hasn't carried over into my physical state in the years since I left school.

My wife has started C25K.  I started with her on Thursday, unfortunately it's taken me the better part of the weekend to recover enough to even walk without looking too awkward and she managed to complete day two on Saturday.  Clearly she's the one in better shape between us, but I won't be defeated.  I'll just have to walk/run(shuffle) on days when my legs work again.  Also on the agenda is the 20 pull-up/100 push-up challenge as well as well as upgrading my diet from buttery delicious Hardee's biscuits and easy to acquire pizza to...stuff that won't kill me.  She's been using this site since November or so and I figured that I should quit talking and get workin'.

I might be able to pull off an Old Snake impression at next year's convention.