Forums are back in action! ×

Just introducing myself.

- Husband and Father of 3: boy 4yr , girl 2yr, girl 2mo

- Systems Analyst for a Hospital system on their health record software.

- I like sci-fi fantasy stuff, enjoy writing sql reports, doodling in adobe illustrator, cooking.

- My favorite video game: Legend of Zelda (OOT or LttP) I am looking forward to skyward sword.

- Geekiest game played: Lost Wishes MUD years ago (It's like a text based precursor to MMORPG's) Apparently it is still up, but it sucks to much time to play.

I'm overweight, not yet diabetic but a1c is not looking promising and my father and grandfather both have/had diabetes.

Looking at finding a way to get fit and have more energy. I plan to work on diet and just getting exercise started for the next month or so.

My diet goals are to eat 3 cups of veg a day (loose greens count 1/2), drink 2-3 litres of water a day, and cut out sugary snacks.

My Exercise goals are to do something reliably for the next month. I have never in my life been reliable at exercising, so over the next two weeks I am going to buy some cheap weights, and work out a schedule. It will take me two weeks due to a business trip. The nI hope to get more concrete goals with exercise after that.

that's a good start! a few years ago i cut out sugary snacks and drinks and did some lifting with a trainer and ended up losing some weight (then college and beer happened and i got lazy). i don't know how much you have read of the articles written by steve, but here is an article about strength training while traveling. a lot of it is bodyweight stuff, which i did a good bit of when i started losing weight about six months ago. it may help out if you want to get started when you start your trip.

Allons-y!

DWH

If you can't fix it with squats or fish oil you're probably going to die.

blog || twitter