Forums are back in action! ×

Content Saturday

I've kind of had one of those days where everything was just content. Really nice relaxing Saturday. I woke up super early (7:15). And instead of being upset just dealt with it. I had my morning coffee, and as it started to kick in I decided to take advantage of the burst of energy and get my workout in. It was around 8:30 I think when I started, making it by far the earliest I've ever worked out. Which may not seem like a bit deal to some, but man oh man am I ever not a morning person, so that's huge for me.

Inspired by Steve's article, I walked a new trail by home. Luckily for me there's a ton of trails in my city. Something like 85km worth. I tend to walk the same ones over and over. But I thought I'd try a new one after reading the hike article, and really enjoyed it. Saw some parts of the city I didn't know where there. Meaning a really nice part of the river I've never seen, some beautiful neighbourhoods, and some spider webs that were straight out of LOTR. Seriously, these webs were super think and actually had leaves trapped in them. All the while the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack was playing in my iPhone, and as an added bonus, I took my dog so he enjoyed it as well.

I had plans to go out drinking, and boy did I ever. But the point, I decided to walk to the bar. I thought it might take 45 minutes, an hour at the most. 1hr 15 minutes later, I hit the bar. Certainly feel a little less guilty about drinking all night when I walked that far.

All in all, I had a really content day. ...

content saturdays are the best! hangovers, not so much. hope it wasn't too bad... i think we should start a thread - "awesomely content days inspired by NF." :-)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

content saturdays are the best! hangovers, not so much. hope it wasn't too bad... i think we should start a thread - "awesomely content days inspired by NF." :-)

Haha. I like the idea, but I won't be having any James Bond weekends anytime soon :)

Needless to say, Sunday was far less productive than Saturday. Still got my run and skipping in that evening so it's all good