Forums are back in action! ×

hey, guys. 

so, i've tried the challenges a few times and didn't make it past a few days. severe depression and lots of stress about money and where to live kept me from being really present in my life and having the energy and stamina to stick with plans.
BUT, some kind of miracle has happened within the last several months, and i'm ready to be the person i know i am: fit and strong and flexible and full of energy!

so, a little background. i'm 37, almost 38. female. have had one child. 11 years ago. i was very fit as a youngster and teenager. naturally thin and also played sports and danced. in my 20s i went up and down with my weight. throughout most of my 30s i've been relatively thin/average without really doing much. oh, i also smoked cigarettes a lot of that time so that helped with appetite suppression. 

i quit smoking 3 years ago and the first year i was in awesome shape. i refused to eat poorly and give in to self-harming behavior because i wanted to heal from the smoking and the yuck relationships i had been in. 

however, the last year and a half i had fallen back into a depression and because i'm still not smoking, i turned to sugar which can be so intoxicating as most of us probably know!

i've gotten to a weight that is not comfortable at all: about 154. i'm 5'2". it doesn't look "terrible" as i enjoy having some more curves. but it's not comfortable, it's not flattering in all areas, and i can't fit my clothes anymore. not rich enough to buy more clothes and i really like the stuff i have so i'd like to fit back into them. 

my comfortable weight and size is between 120 and 130. around 125 i feel my best, i suppose. and when i'm not trying too hard or doing much, i've always naturally been at a size 5/6. 

i am starting to eat better and get myself into an exercise routine. 

by eating better: more veggies! and less sugar. 

by exercise: sun salutations in the morning and heavy bag exercises. and dancing around as much as possible. 

so, i'm back because i NEED the encouragement. and i need to be a part of a community that can support me. 

i'm a single mom and i homeschool. there's a lot of stress because of money and puberty (oh, man, warning next time guys! :)
i read and i can spend WAY TOO MANY hours researching random crap on the internet. 

also, i tend to sleep late and get up late. 

habits i'm trying to change: sleep. moving around more. eating better. 

i feel like no matter what i do, the weight isn't shifting. almost feels like i'm gaining more weight. my blood work is all normal and good. so why is the fat not shifting?!

so, any help out there? suggestions? ways to get into a schedule? support and acknowledgement of knowing what this feels like?

i keep thinking, maybe i'm too old to get back into shape. i know that's not true, but it feels so much dang harder than ten years ago! come on, metabolism! do your thing!

thanks for reading this far. would love to make some friends on here and really dig in to build community. 

looking forward to feeling fitter and stronger!

Welcome back! We're definitely glad to have you with us :)

I've been there with you, Feeling stuck. But you're not alone and you're not stuck.

A new challenge just started up today and runs until July 20th. Are you ready to take on a challenge so soon?

Either way, Best of luck with everything, I'll be here to root for you :)

Adventurer, Level: 1.

STR 2 | DEX  1 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"Happiness can be found, Even in the darkest of times, If only one remembers to turn on the light." - Dumbledore.

“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam.

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.†- Galadriel.

joined the challenge. thanks for the reminder!

i'm going to do this stuff no matter what. figure, even if i don't lose the weight (which i, of course, hope i do) i know i'll still be getting stronger and doing good things for my body and mind and soul. 

so far so good. 

• Like 1

joined the challenge. thanks for the reminder!

i'm going to do this stuff no matter what. figure, even if i don't lose the weight (which i, of course, hope i do) i know i'll still be getting stronger and doing good things for my body and mind and soul. 

so far so good. 

Without doing things for your mind and soul the changes you'll make to your body wont stick, so you're on the right track :D I've been stuck for about a year now, dieting here and there in a half assed attempt to lose some pounds quickly and not thinking about what I was doing to my body in between. No more! Good luck on your challenge and your quest :) 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both