Forums are back in action! ×

Double Woot!

This is a double Woot, which you probably already know, since you probably read the title. The first one is that I managed to get my first pylometric push-ups from the ground up. Before I had to do them from the armrest of my couch. I don't get enough air to clap my hands, neither can I replace all the armrest pylometric push-ups with regular pylometric push-ups, but it is progress, and I feel great about it.

The second woot is about my first run since a long, long time. I did not keep it up for that long (10 minutes and 43 seconds, running about 2,35 km [1,46 miles], which gives me a speed of 13,16 km/h [roughly 8 miles per hour], but it is a good start and the sweat was running down my body in droplets, although that might have something to do with the fact that it was about 21 degrees Celsius (69.8 Fahrenheit) outside, according to my phone. Next time, I'm going to go at it with a bit more willpower and a way to take some water with me.

Anyway, those were my woots, and a good day to you all.

• Like 1

Nice job! Woot on your double woot :)

Give it time and you´ll be able to clap your hands, and then come to the Woot-room so we can clap our hands as well!

Thanks, mate!

Starting tomorrow, I will start to slowly transfer sets (I now do 4*8 pylometric push ups, as inspired by the Jedi Workout) from armrest level to ground level and in time I will be able to clap my hands without have to resort to using my nose to break my  fall a few instants later.

Your run pace was pretty fast for a first run. Great job!

Thanks, I once participated, a couple of years ago, in a 5K project my school took part of (Run 2 be fit, or something like that), and I'm happy to say that it didn't all die away. As for my running pace, I run at a pace I feel is 'natural', trying to run slower or faster than that just doesn't feel efficient, if you know what I mean.

Somewhere this week I'm planning on looking into the guilds system, see if I can find that fits me, although my inner gamer urges me to go the 'Dragonborn' approach, which to me means a 100 points in everything, which is as high a goal as any.

Edit: Oh, and I'm planning to start a diary for accountability and as option to win advice.